The Anime Thread

Ruki

Haaa, you serious? Man, I didn't get to catch SEF's subs for this week, but if they're doing that stupid "Let's change the font for different characters and moves" crap with their subtitles then I'm almost glad. I don't know whose subs I caught, but they were perfectly normal.

Oh, and as an aside, this week's update was badass. Thank God they developed Justin more, I already really like the character and want to see more done with him.

Happy Lesson OVA. Is it good? Would I like it? Should I look into seeing it?

EDIT: Reccomendations on Maburaho, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Steel Angel Kurumi (or #2), and Comic Party would also be good. A friend is trying to tell me what I like but I don't trust his judgement.

EDIT2: Also, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic? FUMOFF, Ghost Stories, and Azumanga Daioh were supposedly good. Are these even real things?

Is there actually a place on the internet that I could watch some of these in english?

May as well tell me about Bleach and Death Note too.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Cloudy: We're all aware of Fanku's irrational dislike of Azumanga. :shifty:

And to steal Fanku's rating system shamelessly:

Awesome: Full Metal Panic, Azumanga Daioh, Haruhi

Good: FMA, Death Note

OK: [i almost put Mahurabo here, thinking I'd read Maharomatic] Ghost Stories...if you like that sort of thing, which I don't.

Bad: Mahurabo, Comic Party.

Depends Entirely On How Much You Like DBZ, Naruto etc.: Bleach

Haven't Seen: Steel Angel Kurumi

Edited by stokeriño

So, having looked up a few of these on Wikipedia, I have to ask...is all anime "protagonist boy is special so all supporting women want to jump his bones/have crushes on him/initially don't like him only to want him later"?

Also, is there a place I can view these online (in English)?

So, having looked up a few of these on Wikipedia, I have to ask...is all anime "protagonist boy is special so all supporting women want to jump his bones/have crushes on him/initially don't like him only to want him later"?

No, just the harem genre. Mahurabo is a prime example of that.

Also, is there a place I can view these online (in English)?

Since most (if not all) of the above have been licensed in North America, not legally. The usual illegal methods are available in much the same way you would find/watch any other TV show online (though the majority of those will be Japanese language with English subs).

Edited by stokeriño

Happy Lesson OVA. Is it good? Would I like it? Should I look into seeing it?

EDIT: Reccomendations on Maburaho, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Steel Angel Kurumi (or #2), and Comic Party would also be good. A friend is trying to tell me what I like but I don't trust his judgement.

EDIT2: Also, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic? FUMOFF, Ghost Stories, and Azumanga Daioh were supposedly good. Are these even real things?

Is there actually a place on the internet that I could watch some of these in english?

May as well tell me about Bleach and Death Note too.

If out of all of those you only end up watching Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, then your good to go because that show is amazing, it has a second season gearing up to come out next year, and its quite possibly one of the more addicting animes out there.

I ain't much into Bleach, but it seems like a fun little action show. I wasn't into Death Note that much, but I hear the ending killed the show, Full Metal Panic is good, Full Metal Alchemist was kinda meh to me but it had its moments.

As for stuff that didn't make your list of the non-action orientation: Marisama ga miteru (The Virgin Mary is Watching is the title in english) is completely awesome. One of the best story telling animes I have ever seen. Plus the lesiban overtones make it gold.

As for stuff that didn't make your list of the non-action orientation: Marisama ga miteru (The Virgin Mary is Watching is the title in english) is completely awesome. One of the best story telling animes I have ever seen. Plus the lesiban overtones make it gold.

"Overtones"? It's a complete full-blown yuri series if ever there was one. ¬_¬

"Overtones"? It's a complete full-blown yuri series if ever there was one. ¬_¬

... alright, it is. They also have a new season coming out soon that I can't wait to see. I just finished all the OVA's that made up the 3rd season so I eagerly am awaiting that. I got some other new stuff I haven't gotten around to watching yet, but I did just watch the second episode of Gundam 00's second season. Pretty awesome stuff going on over there, but I ain't much into this thread so I don't know how many of you guys watch it...

I watched the first episode of Gundam 00's first season aaages ago. I sort of intended to try watching some more but in the end I was never bothered enough for that to happen.

Probably the sort of series where my interest isn't intense enough to wait for a new episode every week, but if I downloaded it all now to watch en masse then I could probably get through it pretty easily, yannow?

Yeah, I tried watching Gundam 00 and basically completely forgot what the plot was halfway through the episode so I'm guessing it's not for me. I generally get bored of giant robot shows, with some noted exceptions (Geass, Nadesico).

Azumanga Daioh is kinda ... weird. Definately funny though. What would you call the humour in it?

It's definately different than The Melancholy of Haruhi ____. The Melancholy is a more ironic humoured show, I think. Agree? Disagree?

Right now, my ranking is...

1. The Melancholy

2. Azumanga Daioh