Favourite Arnie movie?

FLiam

Eraser certainly deserves a mention, just because (IIRC), it's where "Get down!" came from. Although it WAS really shit, so doesn't quite qualify I guess.

The Running Man clearly wins. Anyone who disagrees, with Arnie and Jessie Ventura in the same movie, is clearly stupid ¬_¬

Having a father who was quite into that genre of film, my favourite Arnie films are the ones I watched when I was growing up. Conan the Barbarian remains a favourite to this line, Arnie's delivery of dialogue never getting old, and it had James Earl Jones as a giant man-snake. Twins is another, I used to watch that all the time as a kid, the notion of Arnie and Danny de Vito being siblings (let along twins) never failing to excite. I watched that again over Xmas when it was on TV.

Then of course the Terminator films which you couldn't miss at that point.

This reminds me of the brilliance that is the "Conan the Barbarian" Director's commentary.

DIRECTOR: "You see, now with this scene I wanted to explore the dynamics between Conan and the artificial world of the civilization around him, expanding on the central themes of the movie and conveying a sense of-"

ARNOLD: "HAHA DIS IS DA BIT WHERE I PUNCH DA CAAAAAAAMEL"

DIRECTOR: [pause] "...a sense of pre-modern dystopianism and..."

Good stuff.

Eraser certainly deserves a mention, just because (IIRC), it's where "Get down!" came from. Although it WAS really shit, so doesn't quite qualify I guess.

The Running Man clearly wins. Anyone who disagrees, with Arnie and Jessie Ventura in the same movie, is clearly stupid ¬_¬

If having Arnie and Jesse is the pre-req for being the best, then what about Predator?

Predator, Terminator 2, Conan: The Barbarian and True Lies would be my absolute favourites.

Those movies are just pure gold. Twins and Kindergarten Cop are his best comedies by far though. I also have soft spots for The Running Man and Total Recall.

In fact I love just about every movie Arnold's been in. Except for Jingle All The Way (it was a piece of shit), Junior (and even bigger piece of shit), Eraser (a dull piece of shit) and End of Days (an even more boring piece of shit). Everything else is generally entertaining, while I refuse to watch those.

I still have a special place in my heart for Predator so that is my favorite. Although a close second is Last Action Hero, as bad as that movie is I love it anyways. It has so many great quotes.

"Hey Claudius. You killed my father! Big mistake! "

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but you're gonna live to enjoy all the glorious fruits life has got to offer - acne, shaving, premature ejaculation... and your first divorce. "

"No sequel for you. "

And I never get tired of seeing Arnold punch a car window in the real world and hurting his hand. Or in the movie world where he falls into the tar pits and then 3 minute later has cleaned himself completely off with a paper towel. And of course you can't trust F. Murray Abraham because he killed Mozart. Just really funny stuff.

EDIT: I'm curious about that little blip "Featuring Arnold's original audio track" in the lower right corner of that poster for Hercules in New York. :huh:

Edited by Pepsi