Actors you just don't get...

Ruki

I don't know why I don't like Mandy Moore, I just don't. It's probably the whole too cutsey thing! I hate fucking girly girls... eeks. They are prissy and annotying and all that crap. I wouldn't want to date a butch or anything but my girlfriend looks good and will go fishing and hook her own worm and whatnot! That's far more impressive to me than nice hair and make up! lol

I just do not like her at all... I hate all of her movies and I just really do not like her at all. ugh

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Carey is someone on the comedic front that I can't stand. I never found him funny. Not in Dumb and Dumber. Not in the Mask. Anything.

If you don't find Ace Ventura funny, it's not Jim Carrey - it's you.

I don't know why I don't like Mandy Moore, I just don't. It's probably the whole too cutsey thing! I hate fucking girly girls... eeks. They are prissy and annotying and all that crap.

Yeah, but lately Mandy Moore uses that look for satire purposes. She's really come along as an actress, go watch Saved to appreciate her talents.

Definitely echoing the Nicholas Cage hate. The guy just bugs the fuck out of me in anything besides Raising Arizona and Adaptation. Although the Grindhouse appearance may be one of the greatest cameos of all time. Hopefully his reported desire to quit showbusiness is true.

And also, Shia Lebouf annoys me. I'm not sure if it's from just how much Transformers sucked giant balls, if it's the goofy name or the fact that he seems to be the next guy for the Hollywood Hype Machine that no matter how much I fight it, I'm going to be seeing more of the guy. Kinda like Matthew McConaughey, it's like Hollywood is telling me that they have too much money invested in this douchebag so you're gonna like him even if we have to put him in every movie ever. Although McConaughey got off my shitlist for being hilariously white trash and being awesome in "Frailty."

And while in modern comedy, the polarizing figures seem to be Jack Black and Will Ferrell, I think Black is a good actor hampered by shitty roles and I just think Ferrell is hilarious. The comedic actor I can't get behind is Owen Wilson... something about him just never sits right with me. I feel like Wedding Crashers would have been a million times funnier had it been Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau. And with the whole suicide attempt, I just don't think I could really watch the guy in comedies anymore.

Ferrell was pretty good during his SNL run, but it seems like most of the movies he's been in are shit. The only one I didn't COMPLETELY hate was Anchorman, and even then, pop culture beat it to death.

I'll echo LeBouf.. he was good when he was a tween brat on Even Stevens but he hasn't done ANYTHING worth watching since with the possible exception of Holes - and even then I'm probably biased because I loved that book.

Ben Stiller is a weird one for me. After Meet The Parents I just couldn't watch him without being irritated, I dislike his normal every-day guy roles, but when he's doing something so over the top like Zoolander or the guy in Dodgeball he can be pretty good. I think the only normal guy role I liked him in was Theres Something About Mary.

Speaking of Dodgeball, Justin Long annoys me.

I find it hard to pick someone who I just don't get, or haven't liked in anything. Katie Holmes would be one, I would also go for Jennifer Aniston. I liked The Good Girl, but generally I just don't think she's a very good actress and am astounded at how she has become as successful as she has.

I don't get her either, she was comedy foil in Friends, but she was the worst one of the group and her serious acting didn't even make up for it (this coming from a big Friends fan).

I too am a big friends fan, thinking of their careers post-Friends is what got me considering them. I then started thinking of the characters in Friends too and realising I just don't care for her character. The others are all so well played and have developed (bar Pheobe, who is something of a one-trick pony, although played very well). Rachel's story in Friends should allow her the most development, from spoilt rich daughter, to jilting Barry, meeting up with and moving in with old friends, working in the coffeehouse and then her long career in fashion. And yet, I still just don't really care.

I don't know why I don't like Mandy Moore, I just don't. It's probably the whole too cutsey thing! I hate fucking girly girls... eeks. They are prissy and annotying and all that crap. I wouldn't want to date a butch or anything but my girlfriend looks good and will go fishing and hook her own worm and whatnot! That's far more impressive to me than nice hair and make up! lol

YOU WANT A BIRD WHO'D GO FISHING!?!?!!?!!!

I too love Will Ferrell I find the guy hilarious. Though I agree Ben Stiller's quite average, I liked Zoolander and Dodgeball, but other than that he's not that funny to be honest. Also Adam Sandler hasn't done anything that funny lately, I much prefer his older stuff, but his newer stuff, not some much.

Ben Stiller is a weird one for me. After Meet The Parents I just couldn't watch him without being irritated, I dislike his normal every-day guy roles, but when he's doing something so over the top like Zoolander or the guy in Dodgeball he can be pretty good. I think the only normal guy role I liked him in was Theres Something About Mary.

Yeah, same here. He gets a lot of flack from my friends and I but we all happen to love Zoolander. I thought about it and finally figured out the answer - we loved him in Zoolander because he wasn't playing himself. Pretty much every movie he's been in since has been Ben Stiller Starring As Ben Stiller In Ben Stiller: The Movie. Same thing goes for Owen Wilson.

Would someone please explain to me why Kevin Costner has a career? Its not so much that he's a bad actor (he's only mediocre, not bad) as it is the roles he picks. Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Dances With Wolves and For The Love Of The Game (note: 3 of those are about baseball) were good, but everything else I've seen him in has been either mediocre or shit.