Your Best Gaming Experiences

NobBe Nobbs

While waiting for...... Summerslam to start I think, we were eating bag of awesome handmade toffees we'd managed to get cheap. There was one left. and half an hour to go before the PPV, so I suggested we put on Smackdown vs Raw 07, choose ourselves (we'd spent ages on CAW mode getting them perfect) and have a Ladder match for the right to the toffee.

Twenty nine minutes later, I hit my finisher on both of them, and climbed the ladder to claim my delicious toffee. Nothing has ever tasted as sweet.

While waiting for...... Summerslam to start I think, we were eating bag of awesome handmade toffees we'd managed to get cheap. There was one left. and half an hour to go before the PPV, so I suggested we put on Smackdown vs Raw 07, choose ourselves (we'd spent ages on CAW mode getting them perfect) and have a Ladder match for the right to the toffee.

Twenty nine minutes later, I hit my finisher on both of them, and climbed the ladder to claim my delicious toffee. Nothing has ever tasted as sweet.

The things a Geordie would do for a single toffee.

beating MechWarrior 4 on the hardest difficulty...normally i'm just too raped by conquering the base to take down William Dresari...but this time, with mere slivers of health in all of my torsos, i directed three Gauss Rifles into his cockpit, putting him out of commission. That was GREAT.

When I first got Fight Night Round 3, I had a fight over my brothers house against his friend, I was Marco Antonio Barrera and he was Manny Pacquaio. It was a pretty good fight, with him kicking my ass good in the first two rounds, knocking me down once. I started to get the hang of things and worked him over good in the 4th, no knock down though. I knocked him down in the 5th, then he knocked me down twice in the sixth, but Barrera still got up. Then in the 7th he knocked me down again, and it looked like I was done, until I came back with a flurry to knock his ass out with little time to spare.

NHL '08 Tourney #1

Playing as Toronto I decided to fuck around in the round robin and barely scraped out 2-1 or 1-0 wins and lost once 1-0. The only bright spot of the round robin was that I demolished my one friend 5-2 with Tucker picking up a natural hat trick. Anyway top 4 go on and I still somehow end up first seed. First round I run all over my friend playing as Ottawa 6-0, and then in the final playing as somebody using New Jersey it goes 1-1 until 4.3 seconds left in the game Wellwood slides in a wrap-around. Fucking epic.

NHL '08 Tourney #2

The second time around we had enough people to put us into two different groups and me and my other friend run through our respective groups ending up with goal differentials of 8 and 12 respectively. Both go through to the finals with ease and in it I absolutely destroy him 10-0 with Semin and Ovechkin having 4 goals each. To this day he swears I had to have cheated somehow but truthfully I didn't turn it on till the finals. I play that game way too fucking much.

And something that happened last week...playing as Man City with my friend using United on FIFA '08 he built up a 3-0 lead but I ended up getting 3 in the last ten minutes to take it to extra time where I scored an extra two to his one to win 5-4. Had no clue what happened to the defense there.

Edited by Clawson

I once played wcw/nwo revenge against my friend many years ago. I was The Giant and he was Sting or something. Anyway through out the whole match we were reversing everything. Like thirty minutes into the match we still haven't hit our specials or anything, just reversing reversals or reversals. Finally my friend got his special and I decided to slide out of the ring. For some reason he wouldn't leave the ring and chase after me so I stood there taunting up my special. As soon as he loses his special I get mine slide into the ring choke slam him and win the match.

Doing some QTE on Shenmue to 'Million Miles Away' by The Offspring, is probably my favourite gaming memory. It was the bit where you're chasing someone through the town. Song and action seemed to match up perfectly.

On a more interesting achievement note, playing PES with a friend who I don't see much. Both playing as Brazil. Final score was 6-6. Ronaldo had a hat-trick for both teams.

So yeah, great experiences, but not anything impressive.

I once played wcw/nwo revenge against my friend many years ago. I was The Giant and he was Sting or something. Anyway through out the whole match we were reversing everything. Like thirty minutes into the match we still haven't hit our specials or anything, just reversing reversals or reversals. Finally my friend got his special and I decided to slide out of the ring. For some reason he wouldn't leave the ring and chase after me so I stood there taunting up my special. As soon as he loses his special I get mine slide into the ring choke slam him and win the match.

I thought that if you taunted outside of the ring in those games, with your opponent still inside... your spirit meter went down?

But for story from me... I believe one time when I was 13 or 14, I was staying over at a friends house and we had No Mercy. We set it up so that I was the special guest referee for a match between two of them, and I refereed quite fairly... until the end. The match was First Blood and I didn't call it right away, instead the other person was allowed to get up and after they do that you basically have to split them open again (go through the animation where they check blood on their face and then fall to the mat). I grabbed a downed weapon, did it to them both and then rung the bell. DOUBLE DQ... which I counted as a victory for myself.

Edited by Shamulous Rougeau Brothers

My story also involves WCW/nWo Revenge. About six of my friends and I stayed over at another friends for the night. We stayed up all night eating pizza and drinking Mountain Dew (we were 13 or 14 at the time). About four in the morning, my best friend and I decided to go at it with him as Goldberg and I as Diamond Dallas Page. Our match went well over an hour, with him hitting the spear over and over. He hit me with a Jackhammer three or four times and each time, everyone would say it was over, but DDP kept kicking out. It ended when we both got a special, he got to me first and went for the Jackhammer, but DDP reversed it and hit the Diamond Cutter. Picked that fucker up and hit the Diamond Cutter again and got the win. It's been over ten years, but I remember it lasting about 67 minutes. Played another friend a little while later and beat him in four minutes. So then they tried to get my Goldberg-friend and I to do another match, but we both were spent.

1. Playing WCW/NWO World Tour I think I was Giant and he was some Fat Guy whose name started with S. Anyway, We're playing and we are all just reversing and reversing and ended up on the outside of the ring. We both get specials and both hit them and both kick out, twice. Eventually after about 40 minutes I hit my finisher again and end it. Best game ever

2. Playing again with my brother we were playing FIFA 2005. He was Brazil and I was Argentina. We play the full game, which was real time about 10 mins and it ends 1-1. Extra time there were no goals as defense was rock hard and so it went into penalties. 1st round of penalties...draw. 2nd round of penalties......draw. 4 times we did rounds of penalties until I finally slotted it in the bottom right hand corner for the win! Hardest game of FIFA I have ever played

WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 (I believe)

Anyways, I was at a friends house and there was like four of us around. So, I decided to be Kurt Angle and take on Bret Hart in a 2/3 falls match. Anyways, it was on like Hard or Legendary difficulty. So, we did the first match and I won and Bret won the second match. After battling back and forth in the third match which was a tables match, Bret charged me and I did a reversal move and it went into a behind the back german suplex that sent him right through the table. That was possibly my favorite match in ever on an SVR game.

I think it was one of the old Smackdown games (HCTP maybe), but me and my friend were both are CAW's, I went for my special (Gore), he countered, went for his special (Angle Slam), but I countered, slipped off his back, hit the ropes and leveled him with a Gore for the win in part 3 of the 3 Stages of Hell.

Again, another SD game, we had a 4 way ladder match, but we forgot to turn the time limit off, and I somehow managed to win with 1 second left.

I used to play Medal of Honor online a bit, I was in a league game because my friend was short a person, I sucked, but I managed to pull off one sweet round where I basically came around a corner and fired and scored a head shot (pure luck), then the other guy was running and I managed to get one more shot off with my sniper and got him int he back of the head as he was going throuhg a doorway above me, it was sweet.

WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth

Well I'd just made friends with the new kid at my school so went round to his house one day and played his version of SYM, now I'd stopped watching wrestling for about two years and my last SD! game was Know Your Role so the plan was to beat the crap out of me on it, I was the Rock and I can't remember who he was. Well he did beat the crap out of me for the majority of the match but I had managed to have one finisher saved up and at the last minute reversed a crucial move and nailed him with a Rock bottom, then a taunt earnt me another finisher and I nailed the People's Elbow and pinned him for the win and I just remember him shouting at the TV going "oh, hell no! he is not getting the pin!!!!" *gets the pin* "oh fuck off!!" - Just going from the depressing acknowledgement of me going to get beat to the excitment of me hitting the rock bottom out of no where!

WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2008

I was on XBL late at night and I wasn't really concentrating and yet I still had put my created title on the line in a cage match, this guy was shitting all over me, seriously, total beat down. Nearing the end I had gone down to red limb damage on my head and he wasn't even hurt yet then I out of no where hit a DDT and (due to playing as Mysterio) I rushed for the cage, climbed over the top for the win pretty quickly and he didn't have time to stop me so I won his title... I just liked it because I really didn't deserve to win and I was imagining how pissed off the guy on the other end would have been.

My story also involves WCW/nWo Revenge. About six of my friends and I stayed over at another friends for the night. We stayed up all night eating pizza and drinking Mountain Dew (we were 13 or 14 at the time). About four in the morning, my best friend and I decided to go at it with him as Goldberg and I as Diamond Dallas Page. Our match went well over an hour, with him hitting the spear over and over. He hit me with a Jackhammer three or four times and each time, everyone would say it was over, but DDP kept kicking out. It ended when we both got a special, he got to me first and went for the Jackhammer, but DDP reversed it and hit the Diamond Cutter. Picked that fucker up and hit the Diamond Cutter again and got the win. It's been over ten years, but I remember it lasting about 67 minutes. Played another friend a little while later and beat him in four minutes. So then they tried to get my Goldberg-friend and I to do another match, but we both were spent.

I was the first person in my family to beat the Barons of Hell on the 32-X Doom. And Operation: Yellow Knife on the original Rainbow Six.

Also I was top of the leaderboard on WeDigTV - that was a great experience.

Another one I can remember was involving WWE Smackdown - Shut Your Mouth. We did an Ultimate Submission match and it went 30 minutes - with me as Edge against my friend who was Kurt Angle. After a series of three successful Edgecators about 10 minutes in, I had a healthy 3-1 lead. However, a series of Kurt Angle attacks left me 'dazed' - I remember it was the first ever time I'd seen a superstar do it on a SmackDown game, showing signs of injury. Edge just kept limping and it really got to me - and eventually it ended 5-7 to Kurt Angle.

Another odd bout came from the same game, where I was doing Slobber Knocker as the Rock and notched up 87 wins before I got so bored I turned it off. Another weird thing about it is, after 30 or so, JR and the King didn't say a thing.

Other great matches came from No Mercy - I remember going to an awesome 35-minute hardcore match against Cactus Jack in the Championship Mode, with me as Shawn Michaels. That game was great on so many levels, although a game of the original Smackdown will never go a miss.