TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

Mark: Given that this is our first TNA wrestling game, we wanted to focus on the match types and elements that get the majority of play and interest. So we opted to have our art team create incredible next-gen visuals by limiting the on screen wrestlers to 4. This still provides us with a wide array of matches and play style, and give us room to grow too!

Well, what it does do is give you a reason to put another £39 price tag on the next game when the on-screen wrestlers rise to 5.

The Story Mode begins with a man who's been beaten to the edge of death, had his body dumped in Tijuana Mexico, and awakes in a Plastic Surgeons office not knowing who he is or how he got there. From there the player must re-establish his identity, recover his memories, and fight back to gain was rightfully his in TNA

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Is this the new Def Jam game?!

Also found it humorous that it only took a few questions before they name-dropped No Mercy. I've seen the gameplay videos, it is not No Mercy. I'm calling it now: this game is going to suck. A lot. The stupid story mode is going to last one play-through, the gameplay looks to be more Day of Reckoning than No Mercy, the roster will be limited, and they're already making promises about the next game for stuff that they left out of this game. TNA's been working on getting this game made for FIVE YEARS, Midway has been on it for over two years... I don't want to hear the words "well it'll be in the sequel."

I don't understand why it's been so hard to make a great wrestling game when No Mercy put down the groundwork eight years ago. No Mercy has aged horribly, but no one can seem to pick up where it left off. Smackdown gets better one year then gets worse for the next two, this game is probably going to blow... at least there's always Fire Pro.

I can't decide whether this story mode is actually more batshit than the story mode in one of the WWE games for Gamecube where the plot was "Vince McMahon has fired you and Stephanie McMahon, who is inexplicably being voiced not by herself but seemingly a black woman, hires you to... destroy Wrestlemania (?!?). You will do so by murdering a lot of rent-a-cops and WWE superstars, including the likes of Steve Austin."

Probably not. At least this one implies that you'll actually be wrestling instead of playing a horribly done beat-'em-up.

Mark: Given that this is our first TNA wrestling game, we wanted to focus on the match types and elements that get the majority of play and interest. So we opted to have our art team create incredible next-gen visuals by limiting the on screen wrestlers to 4. This still provides us with a wide array of matches and play style, and give us room to grow too!

Well, what it does do is give you a reason to put another £39 price tag on the next game when the on-screen wrestlers rise to 5.

Speak for yourself, I have mine pre ordered for £29.99. :shifty:

Speak for yourself, I have mine pre ordered for £29.99. :shifty:

Where from? <_<

Play are charging £39.99 for it (PS3) ...normal price, and I must say a very decent £17.99 on PS2.

But anyway, whoever plays less than £39 for PS3 games are cheapskates. :shifty:

Just thought I'd point this out.

Midway announced their performance for 2007 just recently. Quoted from gamedaily.com:

For the full fiscal year, Midway announced net revenues of $157.2 million, compared to net revenues of $165.6 million last year, and a whopping loss of $97.4 million (or $1.07 per share). This is compared to the loss of $77.8 million (or $0.86 per share) in 2006. During the first quarter of 2008, Midway expects net revenues of $28 million, with a loss of approximately $0.30 per share. Despite the continued hemorrhaging of money, management remains upbeat about the future of Midway.

• 1 month later...

My site will have videos and screens from Midways upcoming gamers day, which is held this friday. They are showing off things like Ultimate X, Create a wrestler etc to the press, and we will be there, should be good. Will have the trailer uploaded too when Midway put it up for download in their press area, even though that means little, as you can just look at the link in the post above me, but yeah, thought I'd share that info

That video has just made me think even less of the game. I mean.... "Arenas all over the world"? I know TNA just have really the two set ups, one for the Impact Zone and the other for when they go somewhere for a show but they could've done maybe the Asylum or older TNA looking arenas or something.

That's what bothers you about the game? The different arena setups and rings?

Honestly, that seems like a pretty picky thing to be miffed over. To me, it's looking pretty damn good. TNA also has a third setup for when they do house shows. They use a smaller ring and the venue pretty much looks like the venue normally does, except, you know, with the ring in the middle and chairs all around the place.

Ultimate X looked cool (emphasis on looked), but I'm still not convinced this game will be anything above poor. The gameplay looks extremely clunky and slow and we still don't know anything about how you actually play the game.

That video has just made me think even less of the game. I mean.... "Arenas all over the world"? I know TNA just have really the two set ups, one for the Impact Zone and the other for when they go somewhere for a show but they could've done maybe the Asylum or older TNA looking arenas or something.

I think I read somewhere that they were gonna have unlockable arena, so maybe the Asylum & Nashville arenas are in there? I'm not 100% sure, may've dreamt it lol. Thoush if they are, expect the six-sided ring to stay, naturally. Being in the Asylum will be cool though.

That's what bothers you about the game? The different arena setups and rings?

Honestly, that seems like a pretty picky thing to be miffed over. To me, it's looking pretty damn good. TNA also has a third setup for when they do house shows. They use a smaller ring and the venue pretty much looks like the venue normally does, except, you know, with the ring in the middle and chairs all around the place.

Well there was also the horrible story mode too. I does look good visually but completely made up arenas though does irk me, nit picky I know but meh. It's just got a Legends of Wrestling vibe for me.