NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Here be my fantasy team. Keeper league, Draft is monday I happen to have the first pick.

QB's

Vince Young

Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

RB

Ryan Grant

Marshawn Lynch

Thomas Jones

DeAngelo Williams

WR

Joe Jurevicious

Robert Meachem

Javon Walker

Wes Welker

TE

Greg Olsen

Defense: Non

Kicker: Neil Rackers

So with the 1st pick I have some tough chocies..The following are avaible:

Derek Anderson

Aaron Rodgers

Trent Edwards

David Garrard

Edgerin James

Felix Jones

Kevin Smith

Earnest Graham

Jamal Lewis

Deuce McCalister

Fred Taylor

Jason Avant

Issac Bruce

Nate Burleson

Marques Colston

Joey Galloway

and of course all the rookies. I think I'll pick up Colston unless I get an offer from another team to move up. I had Colston on my team last year..got me my only win.

I think I'd lean toward Fred Taylor or Derek Anderson. You're QB group is lackluster, and the RB's are decent, but might be upgraded with Taylor. Could always take a chance on Deuce McCalister, but he is coming off of injury and will be sharing time with Reggie Bush.

Though on the other hand, that WR group could use an upgrade, Marques Colston perhaps.

He's got more weapons this year, but I don't know if his offense system is really set up for him to score alot of touchdowns

Forget Deuce McCallister, get Deuce McAllister!

I'd be tempted with Garrard actually.

Oops.... :blush:.

The Patriots may have major question marks at CB. But with the NFL's easiest schedule, that shouldn't matter. The key is staying healthy.

I was looking at the power rankings for the upcoming season and noticed that the Pats have the NFL's easiest schedule? Blah, must be nice. Of course that is all based off of the win/loss percentage of this years opponents, it could turn into a tough schedule halfway through the season.

I'm quite proud of my performance in today's draft. 12 teams, starting two backs and three receivers with no flex position and picking last in the first round gave me:

QB: Matt Hasselbeck (5th), Eli Manning (6th)

RB: Joseph Addai (1st), Clinton Portis (2nd), Edgerrin James (9th), JUICE McAllister (12th)

WR: Chad Johnson (3rd), Plaxico Burress (4th), Sidney Rice (11th), Mark Clayton (14th)

TE: Tony Scheffler (8th)

K: Nate Kaeding (10th)

DST: Green Bay (7th), Baltimore (13th)

I went with Hasselbeck/Manning like that because when I picked Hasselbeck a lot of good quarterbacks had gone and I didn't think I'd get a backup as good as Eli later on (I was wrong, as it turned out - the next quarterback picked was David Garrard in round TEN). James I couldn't pass up, and I figure I might be able to trade him to get a better third receiver or tight end, and the same goes for the Baltimore defense - if we do well, I have the option of trading that off.

Forget Deuce McCallister, get Deuce McAllister!

I'd be tempted with Garrard actually.

Oops.... :blush:.

The Patriots may have major question marks at CB. But with the NFL's easiest schedule, that shouldn't matter. The key is staying healthy.

I was looking at the power rankings for the upcoming season and noticed that the Pats have the NFL's easiest schedule? Blah, must be nice. Of course that is all based off of the win/loss percentage of this years opponents, it could turn into a tough schedule halfway through the season.

It's largely to do with the fact that they have to play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins twice. It's not poor scheduling, just a shitty division.

Alright, for some reason I ended up catching some of the Redskins game last night and that, coupled with the HOF game, has left me quite impressed with their RB Marcus Mason. Every time I see him carry the ball he seems to get at least 5 yards.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he were able to catch on at a place in need of a RB.

Ugh... is it bad that the Niners have only had ONE preseaon game, and I'm already having to look forward to the 2009 season?

No. If I was a Niners fan I'd be dreading this season too, not because of the pre-season game though just because of the roster. If Alex Smith explodes you guys might have a good 2009 the chances of that are slim though and he's shaping up to be a huge bust. Just hope for a nice draft pick next year.

Ugh... is it bad that the Niners have only had ONE preseaon game, and I'm already having to look forward to the 2009 season?

Yes it is.

As a 49ers fan, while the first preseason game wasn't great by any means it was just that...a preseason game. A couple years ago (might've even been last year) we went 3-1 in the preseason and then proceeded to suck ass in the regular season.

That being said, I'm not too unimpressed with Smith. He started out very poorly but finished his reps on a strong note. Hopefully as the preseason progresses and he starts to get more and more comfortable with the system, he'll continue improvement.

Just so long that Sullivan doesn't start, I think we'll be fine.

Plus, I mean our best offensive player only had two touches. Not to mention that Bruce, Johnson and Lelie didn't play, either.

And with how weak our division is, I wouldn't give up on the season just yet.

That's the most gutted I've ever been seeing someone else's team lose. What I really hated was the Patriots afterwards "Oh it wouldn't have mattered, we saw him call time out and stopped the play." Bull fucking shit, it was a black and purple shitstorm that stopped you cold.

That's the most gutted I've ever been seeing someone else's team lose. What I really hated was the Patriots afterwards "Oh it wouldn't have mattered, we saw him call time out and stopped the play." Bull fucking shit, it was a black and purple shitstorm that stopped you cold.

Do you really expect anyone on the Patriots to say "oh shit, we deserved to lose that game and just got really really lucky"?

Edited by Lowerdeck