NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

In regards to the commercials, I think it's because the higher-ups, whoever they are, think it would be more interesting to have a dozen beer/truck commercials and whatever else they run than show people walking around the field not really doing anything or talking to their coaches on the sideline, such as after they score a point or there's a timeout. Just my own personal theory I guess.

Nothing to do with all the money they get from the commercials they show, eh?

In regards to the commercials, I think it's because the higher-ups, whoever they are, think it would be more interesting to have a dozen beer/truck commercials and whatever else they run than show people walking around the field not really doing anything or talking to their coaches on the sideline, such as after they score a point or there's a timeout. Just my own personal theory I guess.

I'm sure that's a big part of it as well, if not one of the biggest parts.

I'm sure that's a big part of it as well, if not one of the biggest parts.

No, that's essentially the only part of it. Commercials may just be more interesting, but the league and networks could give a shit less what we're interested in.

I will say, though, I miss the old-school satellite backfeeds that I used to watch when I was a kid. No commercials, announcers' mics stay live and you hear them going back and forth preparing information for after the break. It was during one such college basketball game that I learned that Dick Vitale has a tremendously foul mouth.

They're showing both, I think Ellis said one of them will be on Five US or something. I can't watch either, I'm working tomorrow :(

Not what I said at all but, whatever. Pay attention next time. <_<

But yes, go Denver!

Denver's totally running up the score here, totally classless.

Edited by King eLLis

I don't really get the laughing at the injury for Brady. OH NOES, they beat people convincingly last year (until the Superbowl). Everyone got their kicks when they lost that, which is fair enough, but to then be happy that their star QB picks up a serious injury is a little beyond me.

I don't really get the laughing at the injury for Brady. OH NOES, they beat people convincingly last year (until the Superbowl). Everyone got their kicks when they lost that, which is fair enough, but to then be happy that their star QB picks up a serious injury is a little beyond me.

It's not like he's paralyzed or will never play football again. The fact is, New England has been built up as invincible by the Pats loving media for so long. And I'll be damned if they actually played that way too.

So first they lose, in hilarious fashion, the biggest game of the year thus rendering their 16-0 regular season completely fucking pointless.

Then Tom "NFL Poster Boy" "Greatest Player Ever" Brady gets hurt and will be out for the year. The cheating bastards might finally get their comeuppance.

That's why people are happy, that's why people are joking. People joked when Ben Roethlisberger went face first into a Chrysler and nearly died. That was much worse, not because he's a Steeler, but because he almost died. It happens, but making fun of Tom Brady's injury is hardly as insulting as mocking a career-ending or a life-threatening injury.

Besides, Pats fans have been so insufferable since 2001 after YEARS of being, well, nonexistant. They deserve to be given shit about this.

I mean after all they'll still probably win 10+ games and go to the playoffs. All they have to do is tap into the opposing team's radio frequencies...no videotape required. :shifty:

Edited by Evil Chase K

No, the Pats for their blatant cheating and horrible attitude about getting caught, deserve this. They ran up the score because they thought they were fucking invincible last year, lets see them do it this year. They struggled to win a game against Kansas City, legit opponents are going to roll right over them and hopefully run the score up on them. You call off the dogs when you're up huge because you never know when you won't be on top anymore. Well now its time for the Pats to learn that lesson the hard way.

I live in New England and had to deal with all their fans shit fo rthe past 7 years, so its nice to see them crying over this. Hopefully this proves to be a character building experience their fan base sorely needs. More likely, they'll go 10-6 with Cassel, sneak into the playoffs and have an okay season, but still, its good to see them have nothing to say for once.

The crestfallen Bill Simmons also brought up the excellent point that Randy Moss has a lovely track record of completely quitting on bad QBs, so there's that to look forward to as well.

Edited by Maxx

If Newman is back this week, Pacman could play a few snaps at wide out. With that said, I agree. Unless for some reason Romo got banged up on the three or four times Cleveland managed to touch him, I don't understand why the Boys signed another quarterback, when they needed depth at wide out.

I don't take humour from it, but the KSK bounty is a little ironic, if a little overdue. But as has been said, jokes get made about this sort of stuff all the time, and I don't recall people jumping to defend Big Ben.

If Newman is back this week, Pacman could play a few snaps at wide out. With that said, I agree. Unless for some reason Romo got banged up on the three or four times Cleveland managed to touch him, I don't understand why the Boys signed another quarterback, when they needed depth at wide out.

Well, he did get a gash on his chin that needed 13 stitches, but I doubt it'd stop him playing.

Yep, Bollinger's the third quarterback on the depth chart.

In other news, Shawne Merriman is done for the year. Chargers are placing him on IR so he can have total reconstructive surgery on his knee. Good thing too, I didn't agree with him playing on two torn ligaments in the first place.