NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

This'll probably get VP in here for another "my Lions blow ass" rant, but after watching the highlights...

Michael Turner is a fucking horse. That is all.

Since you asked nicely...

Michael Turner looks like to be the real deal in all honesty. Atlanta should enjoy an excellent run game this year between him and Norwood.

That doesn't excuse the countless missed tackles from the Detroit defense. If our defense can't handle Michael Turner, imagine what fucking Adrian Peterson is going to do when we meet up with Minnesota.

The Lions offense should be pretty good this year, but I think the defense will just be way too fucking bad for us to be competitive. A lot of folks might be thinking that trading Shaun Rogers was a bad idea after that first game. Perhaps, but the problems are everywhere for the defense. We have a lot of guys starting that may not even be back ups on other teams. On top of that it seems as if Marinelli is a fool when choosing his starters, Fischer over Bodden? Lenon over Dizon? Foster over Cherillus? Might even want to go with Cliff Avril over Jared Devries.

Thank God for that. I thought he was a fool jeopardising his career playing with an injury like that to begin with.

Ahaha Pepsi still hates me according to the thread in the Donator's forum, I assume she's having trouble posting because of her hysterical tears falling between the keys on her keyboard and crapping up the works. She's probably got a Brady bedspread, she seems the type, she's going to cry herself to sleep before embarking for Kansas City tomorrow to exact bloody vengeance on Bernard Pollard only to break down when she realises she can't take her Brady baba on the plane with her

Oh man, I forgot how much fun taunting Patriots fans was.

Edited by Be Engarde

The crestfallen Bill Simmons also brought up the excellent point that Randy Moss has a lovely track record of completely quitting on bad QBs, so there's that to look forward to as well.

oh so true. how long before moss starts taking plays off again?

After Jay Cutler rips them to pieces in mid-October on Monday night. Unless the unspeakable happens and Chad Pennington can stun them in week 3.

People were claiming/saying that Moss was taking plays off last year, so why will this year be any different?

...Though, speaking of the Pats. I still don't understand why the they turned away Chris Simms. I am sure Matt Cassell is a decent enough QB to weather the storm and take the team to the playoffs (especially considering the Pats schedule is light and the only real competition in the East are the Bills), but I would think that you would want a more experienced back up then a rookie.

Thank God for that. I thought he was a fool jeopardising his career playing with an injury like that to begin with.

Ahaha Pepsi still hates me according to the thread in the Donator's forum, I assume she's having trouble posting because of her hysterical tears falling between the keys on her keyboard and crapping up the works. She's probably got a Brady bedspread, she seems the type, she's going to cry herself to sleep before embarking for Kansas City tomorrow to exact bloody vengeance on Bernard Pollard only to break down when she realises she can't take her Brady baba on the plane with her

Oh man, I forgot how much fun taunting Patriots fans was.

I don't care if you taunt Patriot fans or not, just find you annoying. You talk about karma while laughing at another person's misfortune, very funny.

But I don't feel like doing this again so ignoring you and onto my question; Who has the easier schedule, Buffalo or Jets? Friend of mine wants to make a bet about which team will have the better record this year.

The Jets and Bills play 14 games against common opponents. The only different teams on the schedule are that Buffalo plays Cleveland and Jacksonville while the Jets get Tennessee and Cincy. The home/road splits are different so neither schedule is necessarily "easier". I would guess that the Jets can win 8-10 of their 14 games against the other teams and that the Bills will probably do the same. It all comes down to the head to head. Make your bet depending on which team you think is better since that tiebreaker may just decide the division. With Brady out, I think one team goes 11-5 and wins the division and the other team goes 10-6 and either gets the # 6 seed or misses the playoffs entirely.

Buffalo and NY obviously are in the same division so they play the Dolphins, Pats and each other twice each.

Buffalo also has home games against Seattle, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland & San Francisco

They play away at Jacksonville, St. Louis, Arizona, KC & Denver

The Jets home games are against Arizona, Cincy, KC, St. Louis & Denver

And their away games are at San Diego, Oakland, Tennessee, San Francisco & Seattle

Guest I'm Ron Burgundy?

Why are the Patriots suddenly the second least talented team in the AFC East? They have more talent than the Bills and Jets on both sides of the ball, so that has to count for something. All Cassel has to do is play as mistake-free as he can in a stripped down offense (a la Patriots 2001? Anyone?) and they will still have a winning record.

Jesus, the Gods are out to get my fantasy team this year. First Tom Brady's out for the season and now Marques Colston's going to miss 4-6 weeks with a torn ligament in his thumb.

Ah, I love Colston and was close to picking him for my Sky Sports fantasy team. My mates are doing it so I decided to join in, a week late but for this week despite being a Skins fan, I'm relying on the Giants for some points.

Gayles Big Gaybears

QB: Eli Manning

RB: Marion Barber

RB: Willie Parker

WR: Plaxico Burress

WR: Mark Clayton

TE: Bubba Franks

K: John Kasay

Def: Kansas City

To be honest I pick based off the teams they're facing rather than the players actual talent themselves. So it's a wonder I didn't pick Reggie Bush when he runs all over our defence this week... although we have no Sean Taylor remember so... yeah <_<

Alex "Tiny Hands" Smith to IR thanks to a broken bone in his shoulder so his 49ers career is over, and if there's any justice his NFL career should just come to an end. What a bust.

Yeah, fuck him for having so little talent surrounding him and so many different offensive coordinators, what a fucking bastard. I feel bad for him, he's been utterly fucked over by the 49ers.

What justification is there for wanting his career, thus his livelihood, and the ability to do something he probably enjoys doing quite a bit? Purely because he has so far not been as good as his pre-draft projections? Fuck you, that's cold. The guy's been screwed ever since he started in the league.

• Like 1

It's true.

He's had 4 OC's in 4 years and that's not going to help any young QB, especially when they come from an inherently anti-NFL system like he came from. That's not to say that he's underperformed but the 49ers haven't exactly helped him by making some bad personnel decision.

It also didn't help matters with him being hurt for these past 2 years and being rushed back when he didn't necessarily need to be.

Smith was overrated because he was a system QB during his time at Utah. It would be like Colt Brennan going #1 and then being allowed to be a bust for 4 seasons because some idiot wasted # 1 pick money on him. You could put Smith on the Pats and he would still be the drizzles because HE is just not as good as they thought he would be. Rather than be a journeyman backup who will never get to play again he should just call it a career since he's also injury prone on top of not being talented. His initial deal was for $24 million guaranteed and $49.5 million total, so I don't feel the need to worry about his future or how he's going to make ends meet.

No, but the fact is he was impressive enough in the workouts (which I think teams put way to much weight into compared to college performance) that he obviously has some talent. And while he has under-performed and he is injury prone thus far, who's to say if he signs a deal with a team like the Lions and actually gets to learn an offense for a couple years from the sidelines and has the same system that he might not turn out to be a reliable starting QB?