NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Well Harrison's fine was pretty fair, to be honest. The guy questioned the ref's motives for the call. I mean, yes it was a bad call, but you don't say that the ref made that call because he had money riding on the game, especially in light of the whole Hochuli stuff and then the whole scandal in the NBA.

That fine was right. The rest, I agree, is starting to get out of hand.

I don't agree that he "deserved" the fine, but I do agree that it happens every time anyone says that sort of thing about the officials and that he should know better.

Clark deserved the penalty and I'm not going to argue with a fine for that, either, depends how much it was though.

Well Harrison's fine was pretty fair, to be honest. The guy questioned the ref's motives for the call. I mean, yes it was a bad call, but you don't say that the ref made that call because he had money riding on the game, especially in light of the whole Hochuli stuff and then the whole scandal in the NBA.

I don't agree that he "deserved" the fine, but I do agree that it happens every time anyone says that sort of thing about the officials and that he should know better.

Clark deserved the penalty and I'm not going to argue with a fine for that, either, depends how much it was though.

$7,500 for a hit that was NOT helmet-to-helmet? And as I said before, Clark was coming in to do his job...lay out the receiver. By the time the ball was hitting the ground, Clark was not in a position to stop his momentum.

The hit on Anquan Boldin was a DESERVED fine, but if you're gonna call Clark's hit a penalty/fineable offense then you might as well just ban the defense from hitting any offensive player with any kind of force.

There have been so many fines in the last few weeks that it's getting way out of hand.

Wouldn't that mean he deserves it then? :shifty:

It's just not good for the game, at all, ever. No matter who the commissioner is, they're not going to take kindly to someone insinuating that the game is fixed or that the refs are making calls to pocket their own money.

It was a stupid thing to say and he got fined for it, he deserved it.

Edited by P52 Bomber

$7,500 for a hit that was NOT helmet-to-helmet? And as I said before, Clark was coming in to do his job...lay out the receiver. By the time the ball was hitting the ground, Clark was not in a position to stop his momentum.

The hit on Anquan Boldin was a DESERVED fine, but if you're gonna call Clark's hit a penalty/fineable offense then you might as well just ban the defense from hitting any offensive player with any kind of force.

There have been so many fines in the last few weeks that it's getting way out of hand.

Clark's job is to lay out the receiver if he has the ball, which he doesn't. He's not even looking where the ball is, it's bounced five yards the other side and yet he's still gunning for Jones. It looks like he could have stopped if he'd wanted to but his only intention was hitting Jones, ball or not.

lol, Washington.

The 'Skins can win in Dallas and Philly, but can't beat the Rams at home. :lmao:

These.

We stomp over Dallas and Philly, then we get dragged down to the Rams' level and then decided that that wasn't low enough so we play even worse.

Not a single offensive turnover all game and then like.. 4 in this game alone. 3 lost. The Cooley one wasn't his fault, it just got pulled free really. Rabach's snap was shit and then OG Kendall decided he was going to be a receiver and try and run it despite touching the ball - on average - never.

It's all our fault. We just played poor, we have the Browns and Lions next to get ourselves sorted. It's so frustrating though because we've played our hardest matches - we've played our divisional rivals away. Everything else is non-divisional (which are all pretty poor our opponents) and then divisional at home.

ugh. We better sort ourselves out.

Fucking heartbreaker. Why didn't Mike Brown drag the receiver inbounds? Why didn't we kick it deep instead of pooching it?

At least the offense is a massive improvement over last year, I'd likely have turned the game off if that was Rex and the '07 offense in on that last drive.

Good god its like we want to one up the Redskins in bad play today.

Wow, even as a Cowboys fan I'll say we are getting some favorable calls

Edited by Maxx

Elam with a FG to win it for Atlanta!

HE DID IT!... He's still a dumbass, but he's forgiven. :w00t::w00t:

How is he a dumbass? It was a 33 yard FG, not 20, and he kicked 5 FG's, I think he did just fine.

That game was amazing, Ryan played awesome, and I'm looking forward to the next few years with him at our QB.

BTW, that ref was a dumbshit. Not that he made bad calls, but he said something wrong like 5 different times.

Edited by Kyle_

What the fuck is going on in this Arizona/Dallas game? These officials have no clue what's going on.

.. And Arizona blocks the FG but Wisenhunt tried to freeze the kicker with a timeout! Hahaha.

Dallas got two breaks there. The officials gave a five yard penalty to the Cardinals when it was clear LaBoy was hurt and then they get lucky with Wisenhunt calling a timeout.

Edited by punky