NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Hey, if the Cards didn't do anything to signal that Laboy was injured, then the penalty has to occur. Otherwise, the clock should have been stopped at like 13 seconds

Holy shit! Cardinals block the Punt for a TD.. what penalty are they calling on them now?

Whisenhunt gets bailed out by his D' and Special Teams there.

I don't agree.

They should've won in regulation but some apparently questionable calls kept the Cowboys in it.

Then when he called timeout, how was he to know his team was gonna block the FG? Blaming him for that is stupid.

I'm not a Whisenhunt fan by any means but to say he was "bailed out" because he called an unfortunately timed time out is idiotic.

Ok that Lions game pissed me off. I was ok when I was going into it expecting a blowout (and big numbers for AP who is on my fantasy team), but after the Lions scored the touchdown, I was thinking they could actually win. And to have them lose the way they did (basically on a phantom pass interference call) is just frustrating. The Lions have enough trouble winning without the refs handing the game to the other team.

The Vikings found a way to get it done I guess, but if that pass interference hadn't been called, it would have been 4th and long from their own 30ish.

I guess I should actually be happy that the D showed up to play for once, and I can stop calling them the Etroit Lions (No D in Detroit), but man...that should have been a win. Even with Orlovski's colossal gaffe (running out of the back of the endzone for a safety).

I should just quit watching football. It's really not good for me.

EDIT - Ok....3rd and 20 from the 30. And looking back at it...I guess I could theoretically see what they were calling, but I still disagree with the call. The Calvin Johnson fumble call from earlier in the game was just ridiculous though.

Edited by jase12881

I just think the whole idea of "freezing" a kicker is idiotic. How many times has it actually worked out in the past few years? Once? At all? More often than not the timeout just gives the kicker another shot to make up for a missed field goal and can learn from the mistake of the first one.

I agree that the officials were retarded at the end of the game (which I brought up earlier) but if they would've lost that game in overtime, everyone would've been on him for the freeze attempt and the officials would've been a sidenote.

Edited by punky

Our heartbreaking loss to the St. Louis Rams isn't as bad as first thought with the Cowboys losing to the Cardinals. Keeps everyone except the Giants close (who I'd assume will win the division) and keeps everyone in the wild card hunt providing both don't come from the NFC East.

So I'm not as bad as I was at first. Turn overs killed us, but on actual playing we were much better than the Rams. Before Bulger made a long completion to Avery to set up that game winning field goal - Portis had ran for more yards than Bulger had thrown for. So it's not all bad, turn overs just absolutely killed us. Cooley's was bad, he should have held on but he had like 2 people pulling at the ball. Rabach can't snap apparently (low and left - the fuck!?) but JC should have just collapsed on it. Then the Pete Kendall one was just.... bad. He's actually been good for us this year, but that was just stupid (fall on the ball dammit, you can't run!) but oh well.

We have the Browns and Lions next, we need to regroup and get some momentum back on our side. The Rams did have 2 weeks to prepare for us, and maybe it's a blessing in disguise as we hopefully won't underestimate any opponents again. And apparently we're much better as the underdog. <_<

Anybody catch the Tampa game where the Refs threw a unsportsmanlike conduct flag on Javon Haye beceause he "Did a cart wheel" He did a fucking cartweel because the FB hit him low and flipped him. How the fuck can you call that a celebration you dumb ass mother fucker who looks like a fat ass zebra.

Fucking hell, Chase, how fucking hard is it to properly use a quote tag once in a while. GD.

Our heartbreaking loss to the St. Louis Rams isn't as bad as first thought with the Cowboys losing to the Cardinals. Keeps everyone except the Giants close (who I'd assume will win the division) and keeps everyone in the wild card hunt providing both don't come from the NFC East.

Don't assume the Giants are clear and free already. Sure they've destroyed the Rams and Seahawks but they're not exactly the most impressive teams this season. You'd expect them to be 6-0 by beating the Browns and Niners (their only real test so far has been the 'Skins) but then they get into the difficult part of their schedule with a bunch of divisional games and visits to Pittsburgh and Arizona. This division race is likely going deep into December.

Whats with the Jets jerseys this week?

They were wearing their throwback New York Titans uniforms. Which they've worn two games in a row for some reason.