NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

How the Chargers kept it that close against the Steelers is beyond me. I don't know what to think about Pittsburgh, at times they look as elite as the Giants, and at other times they look like a team that has no place being in the playoffs.

Also, Earth, Wind & Fire destroyed the Ravens today. It was ugly. We were mounting a pretty good comeback, and then the wheels fell off when Derrick Mason failed to catch a pass, it was intercepted and returned for a TD.

Jaguars' season is over, and the Colts have breathed new life into themselves. Watch out everyone, Indy's hot.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

That was quite the finish to Chargers/Steelers.

"He made the FG! This is gonna be the first 11-10 game ever!"

"That is, unless the Chargers succeed on this hail mary!"

"Lateral! Lateral! Bobble! Recovery! Touchdown!"

"18-10's nothing to sneeze at, Frank."

"Oh no it's going back the other way."

I find it hard to believe there's never been an 11-10 game before.

It also got me wondering, has there ever been/is it possible for there to be a 1-0 game? Like, I know if you return a two-point conversion on defense to the endzone it gets you 2 points. So does an extra point get you 1 point?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It also got me wondering, has there ever been/is it possible for there to be a 1-0 game? Like, I know if you return a two-point conversion on defense to the endzone it gets you 2 points. So does an extra point get you 1 point?

I doubt it's possible in the NFL, but the rouge makes 1-point plays fairly common in the CFL. :D

That would be a safety, no? You wouldn't get an extra point try after that.

Lowest score I can imagine is 2-0, besides the scoreless tie.

Edited by Lowerdeck

I doubt it's possible in the NFL, but the rouge makes 1-point plays fairly common in the CFL. :D

Canadians and their goofy, yet somehow awesome, rules.

I miss Baltimore's CFL team, those games were awesome to watch.

Edited by damshow

The whole 2 pt conversion thing is just in college football, not the NFL. If the defense gets the ball on a 2 pt attempt it's just a dead ball.

And as far as I know, the lowest possible NFL score outside of a 0-0 tie is 2-0, and I'm pretty sure that's never happened.

EDIT: Just checked, 2-0 has happened twice, but the last time it happened was in 1938.

Edited by TheFireChrisCage