NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I really am hoping for some snaps under center for Josh Cribbs it really would be the only reason I would watch their games the rest of the season. As bad as this season has been I am just glad Romeo is going to be gone, I mean it is alright if you are a player coach and they work hard for you but when you can't command any respect from the team and things are just falling apart around you and you do absolutely nothing then you deserve to go.

That Colts/Browns game (if I even want to call that abomination such) was one of the ugliest I have sat and watched all the way through in quite a while. At least the Colts won and I got to see Ken Dorsey emerge and run in circles seemingly to Benny Hill music for a couple minutes. If anything positive came out of this contest it was that Robert Mathis is still a beast. At least Derek Anderson got his payday before this year because now he is borderline valueless.

That Colts/Browns game (if I even want to call that abomination such) was one of the ugliest I have sat and watched all the way through in quite a while. At least the Colts won and I got to see Ken Dorsey emerge and run in circles seemingly to Benny Hill music for a couple minutes. If anything positive came out of this contest it was that Robert Mathis is still a beast. At least Derek Anderson got his payday before this year because now he is borderline valueless.

What he said.

Of all the defenses to give Peyton, Addai, Wayne, and the rest fits...how the hell did it happen to be that one? Yecch.

I would say, at least it's the Bungals next week, but after this game, shit, who knows? Hopefully this one shocked the Colts back into consciousness, as it seemed like they expected to steamroll Cleveland after barely surviving the gauntlet that was the last four weeks. Cincinnati could either have a glimmer of confidence...or they could be extremely afraid.

So is anyone doing any suicide pools this year? How are you/did you do?

I'm actually shocked that I'm still in my pool at this point. Here are my week-by-week picks:

Wk 1

Ari over SF

Wk 2

GB over DET

Wk 3

BUF over OAK

Wk 4

SD over OAK

Wk 5

CAR over KC

Wk 6

PHI over SF

Wk 7

NYG over SF

Wk 8

WAS over DET

Wk 9

ATL over OAK

Wk 10

MIA over SEA

Wk 11

TEN over JAC

Wk 12

PIT over CIN

Wk 13

BAL over CIN

That being said, it's also ridiculous that teams I still have left include Indy, New England, Dallas, NYJ, Tampa, Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, and Carolina. I think I might just take this.

And the Giants kinda pissed all over Sean Taylor Day, as well. I think I'd quite enjoy a Giants-Steelers Super Bowl, even if it turned into Pick-Fest '09 from the defenses hammering the QB's all day.

Eli didn't throw any picks in Pittsburgh and we all know he's a better big game player than Big Ben. The Giants would win that game in Tampa by about a TD to 10 point margin unless Eli pulls a Plaxico the night before the game. :shifty:

So the new Cowboys stadium is going to have three fields that can be rolled up and stored underneath the floor. One is obviously going to be Dallas' turf with all the NFL markings, there'll be another for college football games and the third will be for anything else, possibly soccer games apparently. Awesome >_>

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A Minnesota judge has blocked the NFL’s suspension of Vikings stars Kevin and Pat Williams for violating the league’s anti-doping policy.

Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson issued a temporary restraining order at the players’ request on Wednesday, saying he wanted more time to hear arguments in the case. No further hearing date immediately was set.

The Williamses were among six players suspended for four games for testing positive for a diuretic that can be used as a masking agent for steroids. They have argued that the substance containing the diuretic didn’t list all its ingredients.

The Vikings are 7-5 and in first place in the NFC North, with the Williamses a big part of their success.

Wow. Just wow.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A Minnesota judge has blocked the NFL's suspension of Vikings stars Kevin and Pat Williams for violating the league's anti-doping policy.

Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson issued a temporary restraining order at the players' request on Wednesday, saying he wanted more time to hear arguments in the case. No further hearing date immediately was set.

The Williamses were among six players suspended for four games for testing positive for a diuretic that can be used as a masking agent for steroids. They have argued that the substance containing the diuretic didn't list all its ingredients.

The Vikings are 7-5 and in first place in the NFC North, with the Williamses a big part of their success.

Wow. Just wow.

I'm a dumbass. And slightly inebriated.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Well to play devil's advocate here, at least there's some controversy in the suspension of the Williams Brothers. It's not like it was an ironclad suspension and the judge decided to intervene.

But yeah, I'm sure there's more important things for judges to worry about.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A Minnesota judge has blocked the NFL’s suspension of Vikings stars Kevin and Pat Williams for violating the league’s anti-doping policy.

Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson issued a temporary restraining order at the players’ request on Wednesday, saying he wanted more time to hear arguments in the case. No further hearing date immediately was set.

The Williamses were among six players suspended for four games for testing positive for a diuretic that can be used as a masking agent for steroids. They have argued that the substance containing the diuretic didn’t list all its ingredients.

Wow. Just wow.

If its the same thing that Grady Jackson of the Falcons (who wasn't suspended because he may be cooperating with the league's investigation) used, the banned substance is called Bumetanide, and Jackson has actually filed a lawsuit against the makers for false advertising and unfair business practices because of it not being listed as an ingredient. (Jackson was using an over the counter weight loss pill)