NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Then perhaps you should re-word statements like this:

Either way it's going to be good. One team will go out there with bad intentions (Ravens) and the other team won't let themselves be pushed around (Steelers).

If the team isn't dirty then why insinuate that they are? Why not say Suggs and/or Scott?

And I wouldn't even call them "dirty" either. Dirty players are people like Jared Allen and like you said, Rodney Harrison and Wilfork but just because Scott and Suggs say things doesn't mean that it's anything more than trash talk/mind games. I admit that I haven't seen a ton of the Ravens this year (they always seem to be playing at the same time as the 49ers somehow) but a couple of interviews about an already heated rivalry would hardly equate to "dirty".

If anyone is creating a 'Dirtiest Player in the League' list, and Jared Allen's name isn't on the top... that person needs to relearn what the definition of a dirty player is all about.

BTW, I love Rich Eisen's cut at ESPN.... "Ya know, if you watch ESPN you would believe that the entire city of Dallas is imploding on itself.... funny, I just looked at mapquest, and the city is still there" LOL, why doesn't ESPN just quit being sportcasters, and start writing sports fiction. That's what half the shit they put on Sportscenter is now anyways.

Edited by MikelClause

Regarding the T.O. thing, one thing they pointed out on ESPN is that Romo has actually thrown to Owen 7 more times than he has to Witten....but Witten has 14 more catches. I don't know about you, but I'd probably start throwing more often to the guy who has a better catching rate if I was the QB.

Now, I'll admit I'm biased because I'm a Cowboys fan and Witten is my #1 choice for TE whenever I do fantasy football or build a custom team in Madden (was a big fan when he played here in college, too), but if T.O.'s starting the drama again, its clearly his own fault the way things are if he can't catch the ball as well as Witten can, and I don't see any reason why Dallas shouldn't get rid of him this offseason. Even if they have to pay to get rid of him rather than trade him. He's not worth it when he lets his ego get in the way.

T.O. and Pacman are the two worst signings Dallas has made in a hell of a long damn time.

I like how you portray the Steelers as saints and the Ravens as nasty and evil. They're both going in with the same mentality defensively, beat the crap out of the opposing offense, there's no good or bad just two teams in a heated division rivalry looking to kick some ass, which should make for a very good battle.

To be fair, no one on the Steelers has ever used the word "murder" to describe what they want to do to an opposing player.

That's where my statement comes from.

That's just semantics. It's not as if the Ravens literally want to murder someone on the field [insert easy Ray Lewis joke here]. When football players say they are going to hurt/murder someone on the field, there's not a mountain of difference in their intentions. The Ravens want to murder Steelers' players just as much as I want to literally strike my wife when I say I'm going to kick her ass in Mario Kart. It's arguable that either team is dirty, but if the basis for the Ravens being dirty is the use of the word "murder," then the argument is entirely too subjective.

Just to clarify, I say that the Ravens and Steelers are dirty because of the inordinately high number of questionable hits I've seen when those two teams are involved. Hines Ward in particular LOVES to blindside a defender with a shoulder and/or helmet to the face because he's an offensive player. If he played defense, he'd be viewed as being in the Rodney Harrison category as a perennial nominee for the Ric Flair award (dirtiest player in the game :shifty:) There also seems to be an inordinately high number of injuries sustained when teams play the Ravens or Steelers and I don't think that can solely be attributed to them having better tackling technique. The Pats have dirty players for sure, but those other teams just seem to get off on hurting opponents and do it more often than everyone else in the league.

Memo to Ozzie:

Draft a corner. Draft two. Draft eight. Use every draft pick you have on corners. Fucking do it because otherwise we have to rely on two permanently-wounded old bastards. Do it do it do it do it do it and trade up for Jenkins as well.

So is that eight INCLUDING Jenkins or eight PLUS Jenkins? Ozzie took a lot of hits over his career, you might have to spell this shit out.

If anyone is creating a 'Dirtiest Player in the League' list, and Jared Allen's name isn't on the top... that person needs to relearn what the definition of a dirty player is all about.

I'd put Harrison above Allen, and Mike Vrabel's pretty close too.

Regarding Ward, the hit on Rivers was legit, I think on the whole he plays hard, but fair, it just doesn't look right when a receiver blocks like a linebacker takes out guys going over the middle.

And christ, it's never easy with Chicago is it? I won't question the fake punt call, because Maynard's had a solid history of successful fake punts (the 20+ yard run against the Rams a few years ago was magnificent), and you're always going to get naysayers when gutsy calls don't play out. But I have no idea why that wasn't called a catch. It's not even questionable, the camera angles were clear.

What was questionable was the lack of a flag on what would have been the winning TD catch by Greg Olsen. Even more puzzling was that the stripes missed that yet managed to catch a far more subtle (but still present) PI infraction in OT.

Memo to Ozzie:

Draft a corner. Draft two. Draft eight. Use every draft pick you have on corners. Fucking do it because otherwise we have to rely on two permanently-wounded old bastards. Do it do it do it do it do it and trade up for Jenkins as well.

So is that eight INCLUDING Jenkins or eight PLUS Jenkins? Ozzie took a lot of hits over his career, you might have to spell this shit out.

We have seven picks basic, I'm going to say anything less than nineteen new cornerbacks equals fucking failure. Not just failure. Fucking failure.

Memo to Ozzie:

We have 2 main draft concerns: CB and DE. We could also benefit from a WR and getting younger at MLB. Let's not trade up btw, that's a bigger cap hit than finding a latter-round gem.

Also, no two teams are dirtier than the Steelers and Ravens. The only thing either of us are lacking are plaster casts on our forearms.