Soulja Boy is a CUNT!

Stevie B

This Leap Year United East Soc has something very special for you all.....

United East, Ignition & The Premier Night Of Canterbury

Presents...

‘SOULJA BOY’

SOULJA BOY WILL BE PERFORMING:

- CRANK THAT

- YAHHH

- SOULJA GIRL

AND MANY MORE....

So that's the main focal part of the description we got from the Facebook Event for Soulja Boy performing at Kent Uni.

Now from previous experience, we an artist visits, they usually stick around for a while, for phots and autographs and such. Where-as Soulja Boy, literally came on stage, was shouting random jibberish for five minutes to the Dj tunes. Performed Crank Dat Soulja Boy, then walked off stage and left the building. Now that's pretty much false advertising on Kent Uni's part (this same information was on the poster's scattered around Christ Church Uni campus and around Canterbury). Since he was supposed to perform Soulja Girl, and 'many more'.

A lot of people have been buzzing for this event all week. But to just fuck off like that, where a lot of people specifically turnt up to the Venue, just for Soulja Boy, top see him on stage for no more than 10 minutes, then leaving the building. Not talking to the crowd or anything.

To be fair though, ive never been upto the Kent Uni campus before, and it was a wicked night, but still, proper skank on Soulja Boy's part. What a cunt. All he will ever do is butcher Crank Dat Souljah Boy for all it's worth, then disappear forever.

Apparantly, he's got a lot more appearance across England in the upcoming weeks. If he's playing at your Uni or local nightclub, don;t get your hopes up if your a fan.

Thomas can back me up on this.

Edited by Stevie B

I'll admit the original Crank Dat song is pretty catchy. It's not good at all lyrically, but it's catchy. And his other song (I'm not even sure if it's him, but it sounds like his beat) Run Forest Run is pretty good. Again not lyrically...

My University has had East 17, The Venga Boys and B*Witched preforming in it in the last year... And Police Academy's Michael Winslow.

:shifty:

Hardly any rappers actually "perform," anyway. All they do is have a DJ play their actual records over the sound system, and they try to rap along with it. It's like doing karaoke for their own stuff. So I'm much more shocked that you actually expected a good performance from Soulja Boy.

Thomas can back me up on this.

I certainly can.

Basically, the guys running the night are not very good at running shit. They try and do nights at Chicago's in the town every once in a while and they never truly work. The UKC student nights can be good when the right people organize them and Student Republic know exactly what to do when it comes down to it. Premier Nights in Canterbury are just crap, basically. I wouldn't be surprised if they had managed to piss Soulja off and had him leave.

Mind you, The Venue at UKC is a good night. We went there for the DnB nights a few time and they were fucking rocking. Had some good times on that campus.

Pretty spot on with that. I guess that i was trying to get act. With all the promotion and such Premier Nights were doing, it didn't deliver. With the advertisments saying he was going to do 3 songs plus 'many more' you would expect more than a 5 - 10 minute set.

True about the Student Republic. Blake and his team always deliver when it comes to nights out. Whenever there have been special guests at any of their events, they always stick around for photos, Q & A's etc.

All you got to do is look at the difference in the flyers they do compared to Student Rep - Dave-o has brought the standards up to such a professional level. Meanwhile, Premier and the rest are proper amateur. Except maybe Pop Ya Cherry. They're not too bad.

Sometimes, I think that if I had the money, I could properly rinse Canterbury with a student night. Then I realize I have no money <_<