Eurovision...The Long, Two Month Wait for AWESOMENESS Starts Here...

Katsuya

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excluding the Eastern Bloc isn't the answer. Then we'd have no Wolves Of The Sea, or the brilliant Azerbaijani entrant.

The answer is to stop entering failed reality TV contestants into Eurovision and get into the spirit :P

Yeah, smae thing goes for germany, it´s a casting bnd of of the foirst sseason fo the "popstars" tv show. Last years enerant was almost the same. They need to get somewhat real musicians back on the job, that will work!

Greek chick was fanny. Portuguese chick looks like she might've been out of makeup, but probably not.

Ukraine chick and Swedish chick were DEFINATELY NOT FANNY.

Also, whoever it was wearing a black corset with a purple shirt who was doing the duet (Georgia? Armenia?) looked like Vanessa Feltz and was thus definately not fanny.

In other words, pretty much just Greek chick.

Turkey had a pretend band. They nearly won. THE BASSIST WAS STRUMMING. PRETENDING TO PLAY HIS INSTRUMENT BY STRUMMING IT. I was offended, I nearly shot someone. Also the German chick (not fanny at all) in one of the greenroom skits was signing a Dream Evil song, "My Number One". That almost makes her fanny.

Oooh, the first chick was a bit fanny but too skinny. The one Wogan commented was "the first belly button of Eurovision this year". She was alright.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I enjoyed this Eurovision much more than last year's in fact - the songs at least, were much better. Amazingly though, for the first time ever...I got annoyed at Wogan. He was so fucking self-righteous when he was ripping apart the Bosnian and Azerbaijan entries (both of which I thought were very good in their own special way) that he sounded like a little kid.

Did Russia deserve to win? No - Molitva was in fact a much better song then most people gave it credit for last year, but "Believe", while slightly catchy, didn't deserve to win Eurovision.

Here's a question though: would people have bitched and moaned about the Eastern Bloc had the Ukraine won? That was probably one of the top 3 songs of the entire competition, after all, and yet Ukraine got a lot of votes from Eastern countries. Furthermore, yes the Eastern Bloc "dominated", but they sent good songs - that crap from Portugal, Spain, France, Germany etc. all deserved to be at the bottom, after all. Greece, a Western Country, meanwhile, came third and led for half of the voting, yet everyone tries to ignore that fact to whine some more about the east.

I do, however, think the EBU is aware of the problem, as shown by the "neighbour-blocking" they employed in the Semi Finals. As an aside, Russia actually came THIRD in their Semi Final, about 30 points behind Secret Combination and 4 points behind "Qele Qele" - which, as another side, actually got the most 12 points of the final (8, compared to 7 for Russia, another slight dispelling of Wogan's claim that "they agreed it was Russia's turn to win"). I'm going to go out on a limb and think that next year they very well might have a Western Semi Final and an Eastern Semi Final, then limit the televoting to only countries who qualified to the final (that way you have somewhat of an equal divide).

Either way, it was a brilliant night, and anyone who says differently deserves to be shot.

I thought Ukraine was more fanny than 'I look, talk and try to sing just like circa 2002 Britney Spears' Greek lass. And YI, defo try to see the Turks, I'm actually convinced it was Boy Kill Boy with their new 'Turkish' direction.

Was the French entry a warning to us if we ever did send Morrissey over? It just doesn't work, they'll vote for jizz instead

And finally thanks to the Irish for giving Andy Binman 8 points to take him off the bottom, and then giving the Latvian pirates 12 to send him straight back down again!

Generally, the songs were a lot "slower" than normal. The winner being a perfect example. It didn't 'feel' like Eurovision last night.

Eurovision is supposed to be Cheeky Girls and Tatu, the Qele Qele song being an example. Even if I did mock it at the time by singing 'kill it, kill it'. There was a decent Eurotrancey song in there too.

But by and large, they were mainly slower, 'proper' chart songs. Which isn't Eurovision, to me.

To me, Eurovision is Azerbaijan, Latvia, Bosnia (although that was fucking weird even for the EVS!) and, yes, Spain and Croatia. With the now-becoming-a-feature Finnish power metal band :P

Also, did I mention how much I despised the Turkish 'entrant'? If you're going to bring instruments onto the stage, at least LOOK like you're playing them. The bassist was fucking strumming his bass, and one of them was just jumping around like a fucking idiot. Sure, the UK guy (forgot his name) had a bassist and a guitarist when the song clearly featured neither instrument (maayybe a bass guitar, but it sounded synthy), but at least they looked like they could conceivably have been playing them :P

In conclusion: Our entry was our best for ages, but it wasn't a Eurovision song. It was a chart song. There were several good songs, but most of them were 'chart' songs, really boring, or both. I mean, what the fuck were France thinking?

Edited by Farmer Reil