Jobber Mafia III: SIGN UP HERE!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that's 22 role PMs sent. If you didn't get yours, let me know. I'm also taking sign-ups for backups should someone need to drop out. HttK will, naturally, be first on that list.

Thread should be up later today!

A little explanation, because I know a few people might start getting pissed off as more roles become revealed. Sometimes, for the sake of flavor and for the sake of not getting too obscure, I chose roles that would be classified as "jobbers to the stars" or "enhancement talent" instead of pure, full-on jobbers. As you've seen in the roles revealed so far, there are some real, honest-to-goodness jobbers in the mix (The Gambler, Brawler, etc.), but several of the roles are characters who, at one point in their careers, made their living by losing to other people. I could've come up with a role for, say, Jerry Flynn (spoiler warning: Jerry Flynn isn't in this game, so there goes one potential roleclaim), but the flavor wouldn't be there.

I also tried to go for some modern-era characters who would've been close enough to jobber status. Val Venis, obviously, hasn't been a jobber his whole career, but at this point, that's mostly what he does. Really, there aren't many bonafied "jobbers" these days, since WWE mostly brings in local talent to fill that role, so I felt okay leaving in someone like Val Venis.

In short, I hope you all will enjoy the flavor of the game more than you'll say "hang on, I don't think this guy's a jobber." My role is that if the guy's spent most of his time on his back, he's a jobber. I wasn't always happy with my picks based on their pure "jobber" status, but as flavor goes, I think I made some pretty fine choices that, I hope, you're all having fun with.

Incidentally, HailtotheKing may be moving in to take Deathp's spot if I don't hear from him soon. That okay with you, HttK?

So what you're saying is that some of the roles suck big-benji-balls?

No, what I'm saying is that they're not all perfect and a few sticklers might object. I ran these roles past C-MIL after he pulled from the game, and he had no problem with them after having been quite a stickler before. I'm just making a plea for the thread not turning into "zomg hez not the job guy" when, clearly, with a few notable exceptions, every player in the game has spent a fair chunk of their career--either recently or in the past--doing the J-O-B when it mattered.

Edited by JP Sousa is Not a Shark

April 1, 2008:

It should've been a joke, but it wasn't. Lee Marshall had tricked them all. He'd pulled the wool over the eyes of the entire wrestling world, handing over the Jobber Brigade Invitational to Vince McMahon, the Parts Unknown Convention Center to WWE. Parts Unknown Championship Wrestling, booked and operated by Lee Marshall, had been a success since its inception on April 6, 2007.

April 1 had come again. The traditional beginning of the Jobber Brigade Invitational. This year, there would be no invitational.

Or would there?

In the weeks leading into the event, phone calls were exchanged. E-mails were forwarded. Those who couldn't afford e-mails communicated by telegraph.

.-- . .----. .-. . - .- -.- .. -. --. -. - -... .- -.-. -.- .-.-.-

W-E-'-R-E T-A-K-I-N-G I-T B-A-C-K-.

.--. . -. .. ... .-.-.-

P-E-N-I-S-.

Oh, real mature, guys.

The Jobber Brigade: The Mafia II

The Hapless Invaders

Like last time, this will be a 22-player Mafia game. Anyone who didn't get in last time will get top priority this time unless they don't want it. I've also promised Beeker a spot since he enjoyed reading the last game. Also, FlatDoughnut already asked.

1. HaitotheKing

2. Apsham

3. LittleDaniel

4. Ruki

5. C-MIL

6. Beeker00Zero

7. FlatDoughnut

8. justblaze09

9. Essa

10. Mr. Potato Head

11. DMN

12. GoGo