It Should Have Been a Single!

Benji

As a sub-point, Music When The Lights Go Out was scheduled to be the next Libertines single before they split, I wish they'd held on just a couple weeks more to put that song out.

Agreed, absolutely amazing tune. Probably my favourite on the second album.

Similarly, apparently a video was shot for "Horrorshow", on the first album, but for whatever reason it was never released as a single...which is gutting, as it's fucking amazing.

As a sub-point, Music When The Lights Go Out was scheduled to be the next Libertines single before they split, I wish they'd held on just a couple weeks more to put that song out.

Similarly, apparently a video was shot for "Horrorshow", on the first album, but for whatever reason it was never released as a single...which is gutting, as it's fucking amazing.

That would've been great, that's still one of my favourite Libs songs. While I love What A Waster, something like Horrorshow might've been a more sensible option in terms of lyrical content - all it has is a few thinly veiled drug reference as opposed to a whole lot of fucks and cunts. Still, WAW did pretty good to creep inside the top 40.

You beat me to that point, wasn't it Time for Heroes that was released it its place in the end? Then they left the first album for dead before knocking out Don't Look Back into the Sun?

Heaven's Dead- Audioslave

Billy Jean- Chris Cornell- The Sweden Version

Bad N Ruined- The Faces

Wet Sand- Red Hot Chili Peppers

See You At The Show- Nickelback

Right Where It Belongs- NIN

Microphone Fiend- Rage Against The Machine

The Air Near My Fingers- White Stripes

Take Take Take- White Stripes

Mudhoney's 'Blindspots' from Under A Billion Suns was a much better track than 'It Is Us' which they released as a single. The sax was awesome and although the lyrics of 'It Is Us' weren't terrible, describing the return you had in 2002 in a song released in 2006 was just a tad of an odd choice as a first single. I think nearly every other track on that album was better than that.

Similarly, they should have released 'Inside Job' off Since We've Become Translucent, which was such an underrated album, even now.

But ya, either way the Mudsters were unlikely to get in the Top anything so either way lol. Although I've noticed they have a ton newer fans, at least round where I live, randomly.

You beat me to that point, wasn't it Time for Heroes that was released it its place in the end? Then they left the first album for dead before knocking out Don't Look Back into the Sun?

I think Up The Bracket might have got a release as well, although not sure if that was before or after Time For Heroes. Death On The Stairs would've been great, I would say that probably is my favourite Libertines song.

I saw an advert for something on channel 4 today with Cash Cow in the background and thought the exact same thing. Should've been third single, rather than whichever one it actually was (the boxing video, can't tie a song in. at. all...)

"It's a Hit" that one was. I personally love both songs.

I'll agree with whoever said "Girls Like Mystery" and throw in "My Life Flashed Before My Eyes" and "Ancient History". Not to mention a "Be Safe" video would have been epic.

Heaven's Dead- Audioslave

Billy Jean- Chris Cornell- The Sweden Version

Bad N Ruined- The Faces

Wet Sand- Red Hot Chili Peppers

See You At The Show- Nickelback

Right Where It Belongs- NIN

Microphone Fiend- Rage Against The Machine

The Air Near My Fingers- White Stripes

Take Take Take- White Stripes

Ah, the old pre-cursor to 'Rockstar' from an album earlier. Hey, maybe it'll do a Rockstar, and randomly climb up the charts years after the album was released. :wacko: "NEW SINGLE!"... uh no it's not.

Was 'Shadow On The Sun' ever released by Audioslave? If it wasn't it damn well should've.

'Blindspots' by Mudhoney, as well as the other 8 or so songs by them I have are great. Although yeah, they ain't getting 'big' any time soon. 'In N' Out Of Grace' is another cool song from them, especially the intro. "...we wanna ride on machines [yeah!] ...we wanna ride on machines without getting hassled by the man [yeah!]... and we wanna get loaded! [YEAH!] *song kicks in*" classic.

EDIT: Thought that Mudhoney quote might've been famous (like the the start of GNR's "Civil War") but didn't know until searching just then it was from Easyrider.

Edited by TheModernWay

"Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of War Drums" by A Perfect Circle

That was a single. The orignial version of the song wasn't.

Speaking of which...

A Perfect Circle - "Pet"

Also:

Nine Inch Nails - Somewhat Damaged

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand (became their most well known song, anyways...over here, at least)

Tool - Jambi

You May Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire - Queens Of The Stone Age

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Readymade

They've started doing Be Safe live now with a video of Lee Ranaldo. It's a head shot of him speaking the poem into t he camera, but he plays with props and things that are handed to him off camera. Very good.

I saw that at the NME tour in Leeds, twas pretty ace. Bit of CG claymation it could've been Sledgehammer. JOHNNY MARR!!!