It Should Have Been a Single!

Benji

We've all done it, listened to an album after it's not the bands current release and wondered why they didn't release a song as a single, it happens fairly often to me, but one has stuck in my mind a long time. "Asthenia" by blink-182, this song is probably my very favourite blink song, there's something about it that feels like it conveys inspiration and hope out of darkness, and it's damned catchy as well if you let it grow. I loved "Down" and "Always", but I never understood why this song didn't get released over them.

I never listen to the radio or anything like that so most of the time I don't even know what songs are singles. Plus I listen to music that would never be played on any radio station I have access to. The only thing I can think of is that there is a radio station in my home town what uses Static-X music for their promos but when I call to request the actual song they either have no idea who they are or tell me that its too angry and will make people jump off bridges...

The only ones I can think of would be like "She Took an Axe" by Flotsam and Jetsam, its a shame that they never really took off like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax, they are a great thrast metal band. Their debut album Doomsay for the Deceiver is amazing.

"No Rest for the Wicked" by Godsmack

"In the Unblind" by Killswitch Engage

"Dissention" by Orgy

"Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of War Drums" and "Freedom of Choice" by A Perfect Circle

"Home" by Sevendust

I used to love those songs and bands and I think those could have been good singles, better than some of ones that were released (Especially in Godsmacks case)

"Sophmore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year" by Fall Out Boy off From Under The Cork Tree

Seriously, this was the best summer album that I've ever listened to, and this was the song that just SCREAMED summer to me, probably the best song on the album and here it never really got the publicity that I thought it deserved.

"Sophmore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year" by Fall Out Boy off From Under The Cork Tree

Seriously, this was the best summer album that I've ever listened to, and this was the song that just SCREAMED summer to me, probably the best song on the album and here it never really got the publicity that I thought it deserved.

....wasn't it a single? Between "Sugar" and "Dance"...with vampires and shit in the video?

Oh, that was "Candles", sorry.

Edited by YI

I saw an advert for something on channel 4 today with Cash Cow in the background and thought the exact same thing. Should've been third single, rather than whichever one it actually was (the boxing video, can't tie a song in. at. all...)

"Little Horn" by Marilyn Manson.

Also, a lot of the songs from his Holy Wood album that weren't singles. All the singles from that album were the radio-friendly pop shit that weren't always as good as the rest.

I remember when The Darkness were originally going to do an old fashioned double A side release for Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End), pairing it with Friday Night. Then the latter just disappeared. It might have just pushed them to the top over that depressing Mad World.

As for other bands:

'The Fallen Angel by Iron Maiden

'The End is Here' by Alter Bridge

'She's a Rebel' by Green Day

'The Dragon Lies Bleeding' By Hammerfall (could have been a great cheesy metal single for ages to come)

Girls Like Mystery by the Cribs. It's a great poppy song.

I will second that. I felt the choice for their final single had to be between that and I'm A Realist, which got the nod in the end. Love both, would've perhaps preferred GLM.

As a sub-point, Music When The Lights Go Out was scheduled to be the next Libertines single before they split, I wish they'd held on just a couple weeks more to put that song out.

Thank you for igniting another fortnight long Fall Out Boy fest, they're always good times.