Christian Rock CD

LittleNelson90x13

From wiki;

Such themes are most notable on his album Seven Swans, the songs "Abraham", "Seven Swans", "To Be Alone With You", "He Woke Me Up Again", "We Won't Need Legs to Stand" and "The Transfiguration" directly address Christianity . In "Abraham", Stevens recounts the Old Testament story in the Book of Genesis. The lyrics of "The Transfiguration" follow the Biblical accounts of Matthew 17:1-8, Mark 9: 1-8, and Luke 9:28-36.[35] The title of 'All The Trees Of The Fields Will Clap Their Hands' is a quote from Isaiah 55:12.[36]

So any of them. :shifty: It's ages since I've listened to it...I seem to remember really liking "Abraham" and "We Wont' Need Legs To Stand" though.

And Mike Hale honestly doesn't fit what you're looking for...but he is a fucking amazing acoustic/singer-songwriter guy...with long hair and a thatchy beard. :shifty: Although in the most tenuous link ever...you might be include "Fuck The World" for the line of "Kill 'em all...women children too...Kill 'em all let the devil sort through 'em...there isn't much we can do" :shifty:

Edited by YI

The only Christian rock I can think of is a group by the name of Flatfoot 56 out of Chicago. The music is sort of a mash of celtic and punk, but more emphasis on the punk (and half of the band are skinheads. Christian skinheads). The songs are Christian themed, but not preachy, it's pretty decent stuff, I've seen them live. They're all nice fellows as well, so I like to mention them every so often to people.

Fuck The World is amazing.

Also, Underoath's Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape is amazing. Nothing at all like their other stuff, the screamy metal-tinged stuff (at least, not until the very end <_<). It actually features the vocals of the guy from Copeland for the first minute and a half. But it's very christian, what with lines like "Jesus, I'm ready to come home" and "And oh sweet angel of mercy/With your grace like the morning/Wrap your loving arms around me."

So I opened up the genres a lot more and even the theme a bit and got a shitload more songs, I've going along the themes "God", "Faith", "Jesus", "Heaven" and several other Christian thematics. Whilst some aren't necesarilly obviously about faith, one of the ways I've interpreted them would match a theme and might help others see more what I'm looking for hopefully. The oddest choice is "Devil In a Midnight Mass", because despite the horrors that the song portrays, it contains what is one of my favourite lines ever "Put my trust in God that day, not the Man that taught his way". That or "Sympathy For The Devil", in which the title alone conjures what a true Christian is to me, someone who will always try and find the good as well as see the bad,

"One of Us" by Joan Osborne

"In The Sun" by Joseph Arthur

"God-Shaped Hole" by Plumb

"Jesus Freak" by dc Talk

"God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" by Coldplay

"Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold (Feat. Shanna Crooks)

"A Little Piece Of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold (Feat. Juliette Commagere)

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Guns 'N' Roses

"The River" by Good Charlotte (Feat M. Shadows and Synester Gates)

"Letters To God" by Boxcar Racer

"God Is In The Radio" by Queens of the Stone Age

"Hand of God" by Soundgarden

"Wooden Jesus" by Temple of the Dog

"Jesus/Jesus Christ" by Brand New

"Jesus Wrote a Blank Cheque" by CAKE

"Jesus of Suburbia" by Green Day

"Heaven" by Angels and Airwaves

"Star of Bethlehem (Original Demo)" by Angels and Airwaves

"Secret Crowds" by Angels and Airwaves

"Lift Me Up" by The Benjamin Gate

"Sympathy For The Devil" by The Rolling Stones

"Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock

"Messenjah" by POD

"Cassie" by Flyleaf

24 songs there, I usually like 50 songs for a good solid playlist and a nice mix, any potential help still appreciated :)

So I opened up the genres a lot more and even the theme a bit and got a shitload more songs, I've going along the themes "God", "Faith", "Jesus", "Heaven" and several other Christian thematics. Whilst some aren't necesarilly obviously about faith, one of the ways I've interpreted them would match a theme and might help others see more what I'm looking for hopefully. The oddest choice is "Devil In a Midnight Mass", because despite the horrors that the song portrays, it contains what is one of my favourite lines ever "Put my trust in God that day, not the Man that taught his way". That or "Sympathy For The Devil", in which the title alone conjures what a true Christian is to me, someone who will always try and find the good as well as see the bad,

"One of Us" by Joan Osborne

"In The Sun" by Joseph Arthur

"God-Shaped Hole" by Plumb

"Jesus Freak" by dc Talk

"God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" by Coldplay

"Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold (Feat. Shanna Crooks)

"A Little Piece Of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold (Feat. Juliette Commagere)

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Guns 'N' Roses

"The River" by Good Charlotte (Feat M. Shadows and Synester Gates)

"Letters To God" by Boxcar Racer

"God Is In The Radio" by Queens of the Stone Age

"Hand of God" by Soundgarden

"Wooden Jesus" by Temple of the Dog

"Jesus/Jesus Christ" by Brand New

"Jesus Wrote a Blank Cheque" by CAKE

"Jesus of Suburbia" by Green Day

"Heaven" by Angels and Airwaves

"Star of Bethlehem (Original Demo)" by Angels and Airwaves

"Secret Crowds" by Angels and Airwaves

"Lift Me Up" by The Benjamin Gate

"Sympathy For The Devil" by The Rolling Stones

"Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock

22 songs there, I usually like 50 songs for a good solid playlist and a nice mix, any potential help still appreciated :)

Also one of my favourite lyrics ever. Flyleaf's "All Around Me" is about finding God. Well, a fair few are about finding faith and religion. Cassie is about a girl who was murdered in the Columbine shootings who was reputedly shot after answering yes to the question "do you believe in God?" But yeah, a fair few of their songs have some religious air to them.

Also one of my favourite lyrics ever. Flyleaf's "All Around Me" is about finding God. Well, a fair few are about finding faith and religion. Cassie is about a girl who was murdered in the Columbine shootings who was reputedly shot after answering yes to the question "do you believe in God?" But yeah, a fair few of their songs have some religious air to them.

Jeez, that reminds me, I can't believe I forgot to put POD on that list, that's a no brainer >_< I'm listening to "All Around Me", sounds like it might be a song that'll grow on me, so I'll give it a shot, cheers :)

I have acoustic versions of I'm So Sick, Cassie, Red Sam, All Around Me, Sorrow and Fully Alive if you want, too.

Cheers, I can find them myself if they grow on me, I'll check more of Flyleaf's stuff since I've been hearing a lot about them lately, just listened to "Cassie" and that's definately going on, I imagine the acoustic one would work wonderfully.

JOYFUL, JOYFUL

LORD, WE ADORE THEE

GOD OF GLORY

LORD OF LOVE

HEARTS UNFOLD LIKE FLOWERS BEFORE THEE

HAIL THEE AS THE SUN ABOVE

MELT THE CLOUDS OF SIN, SIN AND SADNESS

DRIVE THE DARK OF DOUBT AWAY

DRIVE IT AWAY

GIVER OF IMMORTAL GLADNESS ( WON'T YOU)

FILL US ( FILL US WITH THE LIGHT OF DAY, LORD, FILL US)

FILL US ( OH WE NEED YOU, YES WE DO, FILL US)

FILL US ( YEAH..., OH, OH YEAH)

FILL US ( WITH THE LIGHT OF DAY, LORD)

( WE NEED YOU, COME RIGHT AWAY,

WE NEED YOU, NEED YOU TODAY, WE NEED YOU,

I'M HERE TO SAY FILL US, FILL US, FILL US, FILL US...)

FILL US WITH THE LIGHT OF DAY ( OH, YEAH)

LIGHT OF DAY!

Yeah, get that....

Some more to check out Benji;

"Savant" by Strung Out

"Her Name In Blood" by Strung Out

"The King Has Left The Building" by Strung Out

"Speed Ball" by Strung Out

"Unclean" by Strung Out

"An American Paradox" by Strung Out

"I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie

A fair bit of Strung Out. <_<

Oh and "Heaven Is A Halfpipe".