Doctor Who

Benji

Just finished watching on Sky+.

I may have laughed a little too hard, sat next to my Yorkshire-born wife, at the bit in the Episode Preview when Strax says with an air of great foreboding "We are going to......THE NORTH."

Just finished watching on Sky+.

I may have laughed a little too hard, sat next to my Yorkshire-born wife, at the bit in the Episode Preview when Strax says with an air of great foreboding "We are going to......THE NORTH."

Lots of planets have a north.

Again, a solid episode, and some great TARDIS fun. Hoping this season keeps delving into the TARDIS psyche, because it's the best element of the season so far. The first three episodes are being put down to aberrations, because I'm even liking Clara again now.

I really enjoyed that episode, some nice foreboding bits, and just an all-round nice concept and solid episode. And the Cloister Bell two episodes in a row! Hurray!

Next week will be amazing, because it has the Sontaran Nurse.

That was great fun, I loved the feel of that. The Doctor's reactions to death was a but off, certainly could have doen with the 'ouch', but compared to last week's it was in a different league. I loved the Avenger's reference too, lovely. Reminded me a bit of the Lucifer Box stories too. How comes that hasn't been made into a TV show yet? Mental. Definately in the top few this year, I'm not going to rate them yet because of enxt week's episode but still, I loved this.

That whole episode was worth it for Strax (always amazing) telling a horse it had failed its mission, and the "help a gobby Australian get to Heathrow airport" reference.

• Like 1

Caught up on the most recent two last night. I didn't like this weeks as much as I loved the previous weeks.

It was a silly romp, Strax is wonderful but was really just filler.

That was wonderful fun and it's becoming obvious that there are a handful of writers, Gatiss certainly included, who can be relied upon to write a good, atmospheric and fully developed episode of Who and a few who can't. I admit in other series it would have just been fun filler, but due to the average quality of this series so far it felt like so much more, Strax as ever was fantastic.

Question for historic Who fans which i will put in spoiler tags just in case as it does relate somewhat to the 50th anniversary show:

How many regenerations does the Dr have? Is it a predetermined number? I'm sure there was a story where he could basically "top up" when needed