Forgetting Sarah Marshall

EndOfAnEra

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant. Far exceeded my expectations, and I'll be damned if I'd be able to choose between Mila and Kristen if they were offered to me on a platter. They're both so hot. That scene in the water, where Mila kisses the main guy... mmm :shifty:

Russell Brand was class. I had no idea who he was until this. He had some of the best lines I've heard in a while and his character was great.

Wasn't really a "character", per se.

Judging by the clip on Jonathan Ross, there's a fair bit of adlibbing. Which is good, because I imagine Russ is more comfortable doing that than going off a script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

MEGA BUMP~!

Saw this last night...Jesus Tittyfucking Christ! Have I done a complete 180 on Mila Kunis! :wub: I'd always rated her a bit 'nerdy overrated'...but...FUUUUUUCK!!!! :wub:

The film itself was really quite good. Russell Brand was amazing, the exchange in bed with Kristen Bell was absolutely fabulous (the shitty acting/show cancelled line, and the "Last week I fucked the housekeeper" to end it, marvellous). Brand and Kunis's hotness made it. The side characters were really quite good for the odd jokes too, with maybe the exception of Jonah Hill, but the payoff joke/Brand response was quite good, so made up for that.

Good film. Enjoyed it.

I will say though, out of the 'current crop' of American comedy films (40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, Accepted etc.) "Waiting..." is still head and shoulders the best (of that 'style' nothing touches the awesome'ness of "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" recently).

Edited by YI

It didn't make me laugh out loud much, with the exception of the bed conversation and the line about him being like Ghandi, but better, because he likes puppets. But Brand was fabulous with his little lines and quips (this coming from someone who's very undecided on Brand, sometimes I think he's great, other times I think he's terrible). All in all it was totally inoffensive and a fun little flick that kills a couple of hours. Not something I'm going to run off and want to watch again in the near future, but still a good film.

Edited by YI

Sidebar: I very nearly got broken up with in a style identical to Segal's. Well, not by my celebrity girlfriend - but in a towel. Thankfully, she stubbornly insisted I put on clothes and then dumped me :lol:

Watched this again a couple of months ago and loved it again. To be fair I found it hilarious at the cinema because I was with mates and everything's funnier then. Upon the second viewing it wasn't hilarious but still funny and just a great film. I don't think they'll ever make a film with two fitter leading actresses either.

Am I the only one who thought it was really, really naff?

Yes, you were.

Pffft, Maria agrees with me. It wasn't that it was a terrible film, Brand was good for what he was (that being himself), the story was alright and there were a few funny moments, but overall it was just completely passé, it was a bit too long and as a follow up to likes of Knocked Up, Superbad and 40 Year Old Virgin, it just didn't sit well with me. It was okay, but for me it wasn't worth the price of admission, especially when Ironman was showing at the same time.

This has reminded me how much I need to buy this movie. Brand was amazing and I still convince myself on a daily basis that I really did see Mila's true tits in that movie.

You're lying to yourself.