Wii Fit

PkmnTrainerJ

Has anyone else got this game yet, or planning on getting it? I got it today and most of the family have played on it as well. My stats are thus:

Overweight

BMI - Can't remember, 27.something

Real Age - 20

Wii Fit Age - 38 (+18 Years)

Goal - Lose 7lb in 2 weeks.

I'm finding this game very enjoyable actually, especially the tightrope walking game and the Yoga excercises. I spent a while mastering The Tree position this afternoon. I also have a Wii Fit sweatband (from ONM) and got a free Wii Fit drinks bottle for pre-ordering, which proved quite useful after the initial 30 minutes.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, these things are flying off the shelves. Nintendo is ruining gaming! All these bloody fitness things and minigame collections, gimmicky crap and horrible, horrible license tie-in shite aimed at idiot kids and their parents that don't know better.

I'd probably care less if the little fuckers would put the boxes back where they fucking found them.

Given that your 'Wii Fit Age' is only 38, am I to take that they're slightly less harsh than in other games (like Wii Sport) where getting it below 50 is an achievement and a half? ¬_¬

I dunno, unlike Wii Sports the Wii Fit age range is 2 to 99 (according to the manual), though I've no idea how you'd get an age of 2. My Wii Sports age is 26 at the moment, having varied from 20 to 32 recently.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Ugh, these things are flying off the shelves. Nintendo is ruining gaming! All these bloody fitness things and minigame collections, gimmicky crap and horrible, horrible license tie-in shite aimed at idiot kids and their parents that don't know better.

Ugh, GTA IV will soon be flying off the shelves. Take2 is ruining gaming! All these bloody time-consuming games that require a college degree and 70 free hours in the day to play aimed at idiot Internet nerds and their parents that don't know better.

<_<

Yeah, if you wanna make that point then don't choose GTA to make it :P

Okay, that's probably true. Still, I get sick of this attitude that "casual gaming" is somehow "ruining gaming," first of all as if it's some kind of new trend (Tetris? Dr. Mario? Hell, every arcade game ever before about 1987?) and second of all as if there's some kind of enormous elite code of honor involved in being a REAL gamer, the kind of person who spends 100+ hours scouring every last corner of Ivalice for item drops and 800,000,000+ HP monsters. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but don't get so high and mighty about it. It's only video games.

Sousa's right. God forebid someone enjoy a game that rewards people for doing something different. Games are games, and I'm glad Nintendo is trying something different, especially something that gets our fat asses to put down the controller for a minute and actually exercise. It's a nice change of pace and I personally can't wait for Wii Fit to come out over here so I can shed a few pounds in a fun way.

Trust the Americans to immediately assume everything is deadly serious. I know they had to redo The Office for your less sophisticated palletes, but come on, do we have to explain every post? It's pretty clear from the last line, I'm largely not serious. It's not that casual gamers are any less viable than hardcore games or anything, I just wish the casual customers would wise up a bit before buying every shitty game that features Spongebob or Ratatouille or that red Car thing, or Happy Feet, or those half arsed minigame collections.

I mean, I had a woman come in and ask me for a sterring wheel, and then get cross with me because I offered her the choice of the plastic Mario Kart attachment or the actual steering wheel controllers for the 360 et al. You wouldn't buy a camera not knowing what a photograph was, don't buy a fucking game without knowing what the content is like. And I'll bet you any money it's these dipshits that go complaining to the media when they find out that Resident Evil is kinda gory, Grand Theft Auto involves stealing cars and Bullying asks you to kiss other boys like a homosexual.

Deadly serious about putting the boxes back though. I mean honestly, they're in alphabetical order! Or were.

Miles, miles off topic now. Thanks.

Holy crap, the UK got Wii Fit before the US? I don't know whether to feel proud or offended.

Rumor has it that America's version got delayed because they needed to reinforce the board for our big fat asses.

Trust the Americans to immediately assume everything is deadly serious. I know they had to redo The Office for your less sophisticated palletes, but come on, do we have to explain every post? It's pretty clear from the last line, I'm largely not serious. It's not that casual gamers are any less viable than hardcore games or anything, I just wish the casual customers would wise up a bit before buying every shitty game that features Spongebob or Ratatouille or that red Car thing, or Happy Feet, or those half arsed minigame collections.

I'd totally agree with your point if it wasn't about Wii Fit. Its gotten actually really good reviews from a lot of sites and is applauded as being really different. Most of the other shit out there for the Wii is awful, however.

Edited by PunkRockPete