Wii Fit

PkmnTrainerJ

My sister got Wii Fit for her birthday. I wasn't really into it at first but I had a shot and it's actually surprisingly good fun. I think it could quite possibly help make you fit/build muscles/lose weight/whatever as the exercises are all like proper if you know what I mean.

It says I'm underweight though. I'm not. >_>

Edited by metalman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if you wanna make that point then don't choose GTA to make it :P

Okay, that's probably true. Still, I get sick of this attitude that "casual gaming" is somehow "ruining gaming," first of all as if it's some kind of new trend (Tetris? Dr. Mario? Hell, every arcade game ever before about 1987?) and second of all as if there's some kind of enormous elite code of honor involved in being a REAL gamer, the kind of person who spends 100+ hours scouring every last corner of Ivalice for item drops and 800,000,000+ HP monsters. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but don't get so high and mighty about it. It's only video games.

I'll have you know Yiazmat has less than that, actually. Hmph.

Yeah, if you wanna make that point then don't choose GTA to make it :P

Okay, that's probably true. Still, I get sick of this attitude that "casual gaming" is somehow "ruining gaming," first of all as if it's some kind of new trend (Tetris? Dr. Mario? Hell, every arcade game ever before about 1987?) and second of all as if there's some kind of enormous elite code of honor involved in being a REAL gamer, the kind of person who spends 100+ hours scouring every last corner of Ivalice for item drops and 800,000,000+ HP monsters. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but don't get so high and mighty about it. It's only video games.

I'll have you know Yiazmat has less than that, actually. Hmph.

Is a REAL gamer anything like a TRUE Yankee? At some point if I ever get a Wii, this would probably be one of the first purchases. I thought I read somewhere that other games (like Wii Sport) don't give you enough of a work out as people presumed originally, so is this a way of legitimizing the work out aspect?

Oh, you can trade it in then, job done.

You're quite skeptical of this whole thing, aren't you Dragsy? >_>

Though I suppose working at a game store would do that... and even as a consumer, by the way, I echo your sentiments on putting the boxes back on the shelves where you found them. Bloody hell, I look for a game that should be right in front of me and I wind up finding it a section over with games that are on an entirely different console, just because some lazy little shit didn't bother paying attention to where he took the game from in the first place. It's quite annoying for me, so I could only assume that with as often as it likely happens, it's even moreso annoying for the employees.

Oh, and on-topic with Wii Fit: I actually wouldn't mind snagging this game myself to see how it does. I have to hand it to Nintendo, they've done quite a good job with their console, it's refreshing and unique, and it's done a world of good for quite a lot of people, so hey.

Edited by The Mask of Norro