Driving.

Summers

As it's only been mentioned in the complaint thread, what do you think of it now you've got used to it?

I love it, harder to speed around, sure, but I find myself really enjoying going for a drive round.

Although, hailing a taxi is a thing of beauty.

Yeah it's funny cause they've greatly improved the realism of driving in the game and then sort of shot themself in the foot by giving us taxis so we don't have to learn how.

I'll drive if the place is nearby or if there's a cool car (more often than not I'm surrounded by junk on wheels) but it's just SO easy to Set Waypoint, L1, X, X and you're there in a flash.

I love the driving, it was difficult at first but it's true, you do get used to it. I love the fact that I could use the same car for multiple missions in a row, and I can drive to a place without having to use like 4 cars because of needlessly reckless driving.

Although I believe you have to have done the mission where you have to hail a taxi first otherwise it doesn't work. My bro started his game the other day and I was telling him about it, but it didn't seem to work for him.

EDIT: About driving though, sometimes I'd like to have the camera a bit higher up behind the car to see what's ahead (like if you're driving a truck), as it seems too low occasionally. I know you can adjust it with the right stick but it always moves back to the default position.

Edited by Scott McFly

EDIT: About driving though, sometimes I'd like to have the camera a bit higher up behind the car to see what's ahead (like if you're driving a truck), as it seems too low occasionally. I know you can adjust it with the right stick but it always moves back to the default position.

Try the back button. It changes your view.

I love the driving. Got used to it quickly too. Very nice and tight and realistic.

That said, I abuse the taxis. I need to go anywhere I'll just flag down a cab and skip to my destination. Don't have the time to drive half way across the city every time I have to do something.

Yeah I've tried all the camera views but none move the camera any higher. It's not too much of a problem, but when you're flying up a hill the camera doesn't adjust itself quick enough.

Yeah, I'm the same way, always holding up a little on the right stick.

Guest R.Moncrief

If you're early on in the game, you won't be able to hail a taxi. The feature becomes available after a few missions, though.

I'm in love with the driving. My only gripe would be that I really hate crashing into things when I need to make a tight turn but I guess it's my fault because I was speeding ridiculously, right? When I go off the storyline though, I can't tell you how much I love to just cruise around for a few hours. Even the crappy cars are fun to drive.