The Inbetweeners

Benji

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably my least favourite episode so far, but it still works. I hope at least one of the characters' fortunes are actually turned around soon. I really like it, but it seem the same thing happens every week. It's consistantly funny, but in the season finale it'd be nice to finally see Simon succeed with Carly, for instance.

One thing I do like. Is that whilst he's the most obvious 'fuck up' of the lot, Neil seems to be the only one that succeeds in anything.

I will say, the formula's getting a little played out now though, and it's bordering on territory of "the losers" as regards "The Inbetweeners".

Edited by YI

The only thing that annoys me at the moment is that Will's become a kind of self-parody. He started out as a fish out of water, and it was funny because it was very, very true. Now he just seems to be a bit... Iunno, detached from reality slightly, and it's just not as funny. And as funny as his rant was with the Rachel girl and the bloke at the Astoria, they did the exact same thing last week with Charlotte and the french guy.

I think the OAPs home was one of the best this season. I missed about ten minutes laughing at "Have you been chosen to appear on who's the gayest?" and had to rewind it. Same with "Hang on, give me a minute... something about you needing a queering aid?"

I think the OAPs home was one of the best this season. I missed about ten minutes laughing at "Have you been chosen to appear on who's the gayest?" and had to rewind it. Same with "Hang on, give me a minute... something about you needing a queering aid?"

I missed that bit first time because I was laughing at OAPaedos.

I thought it was another good episode, my favourite bit was where they're talking about the DoE and Neil says "yeah, but he fucks the queen." Jay: "Probably up the arse."

Only one ep left, isn't there?

Edited by therockbox

Yeah its the final episode next Thursday. I really enjoyed last nights episode and think that one or two episodes have only been relatively 'weak'. Compared to nearly every other comedy going at the minute, this is one of the best things on TV.

If that makes sense. :shifty:

Yeah, I was a big fan of last nights epsiode. I think it was big improvement on last week. Finally, when it looks like something might happen for Will, he cocks it up. All round, it was a pretty damn funny episode this week. I'm looking forward to the finale, but it saddens me to see it gone so soon. It's the best comedy on TV right now.

The good thing with the show is that the 'weaker' episodes are still hilarious. Jay has me laughing throughout. His 'OAPaedo' line was brilliant.

How many series do you reckon they will make in total? If they go by a term a series then they should be on for 6 but that does seem a bit much. Although that is still only 36 episodes in total which could be possible.

I don't know, as much as i love the show and i will always be craving for new episodes, if they did a 3rd series then it could continue on a high, or fall flat on it's face.

Since the show is different every week, and rarely follows on from the previous episode(s), i guess it can be pretty difficult to keep thinking of fresh ideas when every show is from scratch. It's not like other shows where they build other storylines for other chracters, since the show is about the 4 of them, so each episode seems like it has to be based around them 4.

Of course, i see it as an excellent cult program, but i really don't think its been designed to go on for more than a couple of seasons. I reckon if The inbetweeners has a long term future, than the 3rd season will probably be something quite different.

I doubt they were expecting anywhere near this level of popularity when they started, somehow. I don't think I've met anybody who watches it and doesn't like it. It has to be one of the most popular programmes among older teens/young adults, surely. I reckon they'll try to squeeze out a couple more series', maybe even continue it past Sixth Form or something. Doubt they'll take it that far though.