Help Me Get On TV!

TheRyno

If this isn't cool to do, feel free to take this down or move it to the appropriate area.

Either way, I'm trying to get on the second season of VH1's The Pickup Artist. For those of you that haven't seen it, basically they take 8 guys who have no game with women and are taught how to pick up girls. However, one is eliminated each week until one is left as the ultimate Pickup Artist. I realize that I'm not really known to you guys beyond being the guy who does "that one WWE diary" but if there was any guy who was perfect for this show, it's me. I've only had a few relationships and find it very hard to get girls attracted to me. I saw this last season and immediately wanted to be on it. And this is coming from a guy who can't stand reality shows so that's kinda saying something.

Now, I have my chance. Basically, VH1 is doing a MySpace style site where whoever wants to be on the show gets to put up a profile with pics, videos, blogs and get voted on. Surprisingly enough, I got a lot of votes, mostly coming from another message board that I called my former home where an epic thread about my virginity raised me to legendary status there. Enough votes that have gotten me to 5th place out of I don't even know how many.

I didn't really intend to bring this up to you guys until later on in the game, at least not until Round 2 (which starts tomorrow). But since production has been bumped up, the schedule has been sped up as well. Originally, Round 2 was supposed to take 2 weeks and then Round 3 the week after that. Now, they've made it so that Round 2 ends Wednesday and Round 3 ends next Saturday, meaning that they've condensed 3 weeks of voting and such into one. What this means for you? Basically, I need all the votes I can get.

Right now, the top two have me beat by a considerable margin (I'm talking over 15,000 votes here which makes me kinda suspicious) so I don't expect to get the top spot. But even though the top spot gets an automatic spot on the show, producers are taking the top 20 into consideration for other spots. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the attention of the producers for another spot on the show, not to mention the off chance of me winning by default (the two sweetest words in the English language). I'm really hoping that I have a chance here.

If you want to vote, go to my page HERE(!!!) and click vote in the upper-left portion of my profile underneath the header.

But before you do, I have to warn you that the site is broken as crap. Most often, you'll click to vote only to be told that you can only vote every 24 hours. This has become normal from what I've heard. Nevertheless, the votes count...somehow. Don't ask me. Half of the time I can't even log in. If you want to be more interactive and add comments and such, you'd have to make a profile and considering how broken the page is, I can't say I'd recommend it unless you really care. Since I realize a good portion of you guys are from the UK, I'm not even sure if you've seen the show so it probably doesn't matter to you.

Like I said, if this isn't cool for me to plug myself here or if you guys haven't seen the show or even if you don't really give a damn, that's fine. But I do appreciate any help you can send along. And yes, I realize I am opening up myself to a lot of ridicule here. I'm fine with that. I wouldn't have taken part in a 100+ page dealing about my virginity and my inability to hook up with girls if I didn't think I could handle it.

Edited by TheRyno

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate those stupid image things. I typed it in exactly, then I was told I "entered the image string incorrectly" and to try again in 24 hours. I fucked up. Those image verifications have become the bastard child of the internet.

FUN FACT: The proper name for them is a "CAPTCHA".

... but yeah, it did the same thing to me. Hopefully the vote went through.

I actually were a part of several game shows here, in Poland. Mostly things connected with music, and knowledge to get money, reality shows are not my thing...

You got my vote bro, hope You can win it.