Bands you like, but can't stomach for more than one or two songs.

GRIFT

New Order. The guy I work with helped himself to my computer and tossed on a two disc collection of singles by them... it has been over two hours and I want to hang myself. It isn't that I hate the band, in fact I like New Order... but more than a song or two and I just want to kill.

I've spent the last twenty minutes trying to figure out what the opposite of New Order so I can crank it for a few hours.

So far I've picked Glassjaw.

Soundgarden. I honestly couldn't really explain why, but after listening to a handful of songs I can't tolerate listening to anymore of their stuff.

PS Joy Division > New Order

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Freezepop fit in that category for me. I don't like all their stuff, but I like maybe 50% of what I heard - and I can't listen to more than one or two songs in a row without the rest being ruined.

New Order > Joy Division.

A recent example would be Crystal Castles. Really cool band, they have some really cool tracks like; "Black Panther", "Vanished", "Air War", "Reckless", "Good Time", "Knights" etc. But then there's shit like "XXZXCUZX Me", "Through The Hosiery" etc. which sound like your amiga's just crashed...and rapes your ears in a bad way. Will still be an insane live experience.

And most rap music.

And Dragonforce only have one song...well one chorus...which they slow down and speed up when applicable.

Edited by YI

Almost any band I don't like I can enjoy for a song or two. It's just when I hear the same song by them twenty times on the radio in a day, or someone is listening to their entire album or whatever that I get pissed off. But then again if I like a band I don't normally listen to their entire album. Generally I'll listen to it from start to finish a couple of times then whack it onto my MP3 player which is always on random.

Agreed with MPH on Freezepop and ROC on Death Cab. Also I'd add Stereo Total (fun, but really tiresome especially since they've incredibly hit or miss), though I think CSAMH is the only other EWBer who's heard them extensively.

I've gotten this way recently with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I used to have a bunch of their albums in regular rotation but Keidis voice really grates on my nerves nowadays so bleh, I usually get bored about halfway through one song, which is a shame since they're actually pretty good on occassion.

Between The Buried And Me. Whilst they have "Selkies", most of their other stuff is a bit too... "BBBBBBLLLLUUUUUURGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" for me, with the exception of the covers album "The Anatomy Of...". Their "Kickstart My Heart" is better than Motley Crue's because it's not Motley Crue, and "The Day I Tried To Live" is on par with Soundgarden's, although different at the same time.

Soundgarden. I honestly couldn't really explain why, but after listening to a handful of songs I can't tolerate listening to anymore of their stuff.

Blasphemy.

I'd agree with Evanescence, and Dragonforce's latest album (because Through The Fire And Flames is at the start, which is acceptable... the rest of the album is wank).

I came into the thread to suggest Megadeth and Motorhead.

Motorhead have some really awesome songs (Sex and Death, Dogs of War, Killed By Death, Stand, Bomber, Ace of Spades), but some really, really 'meh' songs that just fill your ears with noise and begins to get annoying after a while.

As for Megadeth, I think it's just Dave Mustaine's voice. Great for the first few songs, but then it just starts to get annoying.

Edited by Farmer Reil

For me it's The Clash, I don't know what it is about them but I'll put on an album, get really into the first few songs then after that I'll just find my interests drifting off and I get a bit bored of them so have to switch over to something I can get into alot more which is usually dependant on what musical mood I'm in at the time.