The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours going around many Villa forums is that Barry will stay after talks with O'Neill and Lerner this week.

O'Neill is also said to be after David Bentley, Steve Sidwell and Diego from Werder Bremen. Stephen Carr is also listed as a free transfer. Wouldn't mind him as a back up RB.

I'd forgotten about Sidwell and his being at Chelsea until now! Probably best for him to leave there, can't remember his last game for them.

Liverpool have been linked with Malouda for 10m, which is a ridiculous price for somebody who's had an awful season. I think he's a better player than he's shown but if we end up spending that kind of money on somebody who just hasn't cut it this year I'll cry, especially when we might be strapped for cash.

Edited by Pesci

Didn't Liverpool chase Malouda last year? I remember the CL semi final commentator saying something about Malouda finding the grass more greener at Chelsea than at Liverpool...

According to various papers, the entire Man City squad has been put up for sale.

Way to go over with the fans, Frank. (Y)