The Summer Transfer Thread

Chelsea now have almost £30million invested at right back alone.

I hope we're not in for another summer of Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool being interested in so-and-so, but then Chelsea come in with a ridiculous bid that nobody else could come close to matching. It's really tedious.

Edited by therockbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are now also after Micah Richards and Daniel Alves

That'd make 4 world class right backs

They'd end up with 80m invested in Right Backs >_<

(hopefully this means they lend some of them out to lower ranked premiership teams to screw with Rivals title chances, Newcastle would be pleased with that >_>)

Chelsea are now also after Micah Richards and Daniel Alves

Take the names of all players Chelsea have been linked with for £30m-50m (Messi, Kaka, Alves, etc.).

Strike them off any potential transfer list. It's just the media filling column inches because they can, and people will believe anything if it's Abramovich's money.

Ipswich had someone at the Levante/Valencia match, Riga the main target apparently. Steve Foley (Ipswich Coach that went) has commented on the financial state of certain clubs in La Liga, Levante being one of them and how Ipswich could use that in the summer, raid all the lower La Liga players? Basically what he is saying. I'd seriously like to know how many players would consider a move to Championship football next year over La Liga football? Riga was also linked in January.

Jason De Vos is acting as a scout for Ipswich when he begins his new role as a broadcaster in North America. Not officially, that's just how much he loves the club, fair play to him i say. Could come in handy, know it's not a transfer rumor but, it could turn in to one when JDV spots the Canadian Ronaldo :shifty:

Cech is in contract talks, with Chelsea. His deal runs out next year, that's good, very pleased about that.

Arsenal and Spurs are now the two front runners for the signing of Jean Makoun (a guy i always buy on FM, let me tell you, he's hit or miss, lol, cause we all know FM is real of course)

Liverpool chase Daniel Alves, i heard Chelsea were also linked but after the signing of Bosingwa, i doubt that's true.

Kevin Foley joining Sunderland from Wolves, 2.5 mill, Rep. Ire right back so, yeah i'd say i believe that lol, the Hunt for Steven has also begun for Roy Keane, you liked that didn't ya :pervert:

That is basically all i can remember from the papers i read, sure there's more i've missed.

Edited by new_era

Liverpool chase Daniel Alves, i heard Chelsea were also linked but after the signing of Botswina, i doubt that's true.

lol, Botswina

If Chelsea do still want Alves, I assume it would be as a winger.

I think Lahm would be a good option for United, I have more faith in his defensive abilities than Alves.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

Jason De Vos is acting as a scout for Ipswich when he begins his new role as a broadcaster in North America. Not officially, that's just how much he loves the club, fair play to him i say. Could come in handy, know it's not a transfer rumor but, it could turn in to one when JDV spots the Canadian Ronaldo :shifty:

Fine, I'll play for Ipswich.

If Hughes takes just £4m for Pedersen, a player United were said to be looking at not too long ago, then there's something seriously wrong with him, especially given the way the Transfer market is these days in England especially, as brenchill alluded to.

Christian Vieri linked to Hull. ha.

Okay now to actually speak about the team I'm knowledgeable about.

This would be the worst signing ever, we already have Caleb Folan who isn't a Vieri in his prime but still he's a much better striker than Vieri is now. Signing Serie A's bike won't keep us in the Premiership (assuming promotion is had at this point, since I seriously doubt he'd want to play in the Championship). Hell, I'd rather have Dean Windass up front with Folan than Vieri.

Of course this is assuming we can't get Frazier Campbell back on loan/purchase him from Man Utd. Signing Vieri is like when Toronto FC signed Danny Dichio.

I had no idea Dean Windass was still playing. He must be near 40 now.

That he is my good man, he was a fine addition to the squad last season. (Was on loan from Bradford in 06/07, picked him up for 07/08). But yeah, I think he'll be 39 next season.

Well set-up. ;)

Pedersen is one of those players who plays for your club that everyone seems to rate highly, but your own fans don't. The guy isn't total dogshit that woould be a lie. He isn't fast, not got a great cross on him and his corners are lol worthy. He can volley and work hard, but out of our strongest line-up he would be the first or second player I would most like to replace. 4m seems a little low considering he hasn't long signed a new contract and he is in demand, but I wish him luck as he will need it.