The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry off to Liverpool quite soon. Pay the cash instead of offering players. They did it to Newcastle as well for Milner.

The Newcastle story was bullshit.

Also apparantly the reason why the Dossena deal hasn't been completed yet is because - shock - Rick Parry is on holiday. The chief executive of a club, who is responsible for negotiating and sorting out transfers, is on holiday a couple of weeks before the transfer window opens. The useless cunt.

Does anyone know a reliable site for transfers esp for the 2008 Transfer window and the key transfers so far?

Sky Sports is rediculous for making shit up, BBC don't have their transfer page up yet and every other site seems to have wiped itself ready for announcing this seasons transfers.

And yeah it's for updating Pro Evo 2008 >_>

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, we have not signed anyone, he is just on a trial. Anyway I'm not convinced with Ince and his transfer dealings so far. We don't need a old past it striker, and we don't need to sell super Brad, but he wants to do both. Oh well, relegated with less points than Derby :D

He'll probably not get a single game, this'll just be working with the players and manager ready for a possible coaching job. He'd definately not start a match and could well be the "it's 85 mins and we're leading 3-0 might as well bring on..." type of player.

He's good mates with Ince so this could be just one of those friendly buys like whenever a player goes to a hometown club for peanuts or whenever a player/manager brings in a teamate

What is he like, Green Demon?

I've seen a few videos and he looks impressive, but if you live over there you'd know more than me.

Well I am not a big fan of his team or anything but I do know that he was the MLS Goalkeeper of the Year last year (take that for what you will) and has got a good amount of playing time recently for the US national team and I would probably put him as the back up behind Tim Howard atm. For whatever reason the US has consistently pumped out good keepers so I am hopeful that he can make the jump as well.

Yeah, Fowler is just on trail like alot of players will be right now. Just because Fowler is a big name and mates with Ince he is getting the attention. Really can't see what he has these days that Derbyshire doesn't. Aside the abilty to win races with his nose.

I find myself curiously hyped for whenever the next FM game comes out, because I want to play a game as Portsmouth with Crouch and Defoe and such. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

I find myself curiously hyped for whenever the next FM game comes out, because I want to play a game as Portsmouth with Crouch and Defoe and such. >_>

Forget Crouch and Defoe.

I want to play an FM where 0-0's exist, and a scoreline of 3-2 doesn't happen every other game. :/