The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, wasn't sure if they'd have the traditional sell on clause and/or the one you're meant to get for selling players under a certain age, like 21-23 or something. Still not sure exactly how that one works.

Apparantly Fergie is pretty down on this transfer right now so we could come out on 1st September with Berbatov still at Spurs and not wanting to be, Ramos with a new strikeforce and Daniel Levy wondering whether his player will be worth much in January.

You know, I could understand if Peter Kenyon was saying "Chelsea want to sign Robinho", and Robinho's agent was saying "he wants to joing Chelsea", then it could all just be talk to put pressure on Real Madrid and the transfer might not actually be happening. But when Peter Kenyon is saying "The deal is virtually done" and Robinho's agent is saying "The deal is virtually done", why is Real Madrid all of a sudden saying "he's staying for 2 more years" - not a week after saying "he can go if he wants to"?

I don't get a lot of these transfer shenanigans. :/

Yea, wasn't sure if they'd have the traditional sell on clause and/or the one you're meant to get for selling players under a certain age, like 21-23 or something. Still not sure exactly how that one works.

That's only for international transfers (or between associations at least, so Scotland to England would count.) When there's a transfer like that, a percentage of up to 5.5% (I think) of the transfer goes to the clubs that the player was at between 16 and 23. If a player's at a club for that entire time, they will receive 5.5% of every international transfer throughout his career.

I think the other sell-on fees have two varieties - a percentage of the total transfer and a percentage of the profit. The latter are more common in the UK apparently.