Characters/franchises that you wish would return

PkmnTrainerJ

THANK FUCK someone else out there remembers that it's ALEX KIDD, and not Alex THE Kid. I've almost got in a fist-fight over how much that annoys me. I wish, wish, wish I was joking.

People do it more often than I care to admit, I've all but given up on telling people they got the name wrong these days.

In my defense, my keyboard is knackered >_>.

That and it's been a long time.

Your keyboard is knackered so you ADD words? :huh: Silly Joucharella <3

Hey, you don't know th problem!! It's quite severe >_>.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Golden Axe? New Splatterhouse? Good lord this is wonderful. Also, I just typo'd and wrote "Splatterhorse", which sounds amazing.

I read the article last night about the new Splatterhouse, and holy fuck it sounds amazing. And the art direction is fantastic, judging by the early photos it looks like it could be called Todd McFarlane's Splatterhouse.

"Gangsters". Fucking brilliant game. Hard as hell, but brilliant. I wasn't as big on the second one, but still.

"XIII". It looked awesome, so different to ANYTHING else, with the 'hand drawn' look. Had a great storyline, and a cliffhanger ending...grrrrrrr.

Edited by YI

"XIII". It looked awesome, so different to ANYTHING else, with the 'hand drawn' look. Had a great storyline, and a cliffhanger ending...grrrrrrr.

I wouldn't highlight the word anything, because there are a few cel-shaded video games, not loads, but a handful, it was released nearly four years after Fear Effect opened the stage for cel shaded video games and was based upon a comic anyway. Not to take away from how terrific it was, just saying it wasn't as original as you may think :) If you want the rest of the story, check out the comics, the game was only the first five volumes, I believe it's now nearer 20 volumes (Y)

Also, Tristy, I'm pretty sure Bloody Roar is still going (though it's now more a Bruising Whimper), the last one was on GC and was fucking stupidly hard sometimes and not fun, I believe they were talking about a Wii version and simplifying it again, which I hope is true.

"Gangsters". Fucking brilliant game. Hard as hell, but brilliant. I wasn't as big on the second one, but still.

Gangsters was awesome, but I never played the second one, for some reason.

Mob Rule was also pretty decent.

I'd like to see a mobster-themed first person shooter, where you climb the ranks and end up being coming a Don by rubbing out the current one in a battle - ie, a literal boss fight! You could have missions where you do drive-bys while being chased by cops, protect breweries from hits by other gangs or police raids, pull of something akin to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, bump off places that won't pay for protection, hit places protected by rival gangs, etc.

I'd like to have a reissue of Showtime! It's a Japan-only PS1 game that's basically a poor man's version of Capcom's Power Stone - all the graphics look like they're hand drawn by little kids. But I was very amused by it when I played it.

I also would like an updated version of Loom.

Oh, and ditto on Bushido Blade.

I'd like to see a mobster-themed first person shooter, where you climb the ranks and end up being coming a Don by rubbing out the current one in a battle - ie, a literal boss fight! You could have missions where you do drive-bys while being chased by cops, protect breweries from hits by other gangs or police raids, pull of something akin to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, bump off places that won't pay for protection, hit places protected by rival gangs, etc.

So, nearly Godfather?