Middlesbrough Music Live 2008

619 fan

Well I thought I might make a thread about Middlesbrough Music Live festival because it's tomorrow and I did a quick search and didn't see any thread so apologies if there already is one!

For those that don't know it's a free festival in Middlesbrough (obviously) from around 12pm till 10pm, it's my first time going but it looks to be a decent enough line up and plenty to choose from and you can't really complain all that much as it's free!

The headliners this year are: The ones in bold are the actual headliners and those not are the support just before...

Ash / One Night Only (TFM Stage - Main)

Black Kids / Late of the Pier (The Mall - New Music stage)

Sons and Daughters / Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip (Metropolis - Diversity Stage)

You Me At Six / We Are The Ocean (The Sumo - Alternative stage)

Stephen Wright / Robert Maseko (Wordlfest - Global Music Stage)

Billy The Kid / The Chapman Family (Homegrown Stage - Outdoor)

Das Wanderlust / In A Furious Deathbed (Homegrown Stage - Underground)

So thoughts, who's going, reviews (as alot won't see this thread till it's too late)...

Edited by 619 fan

Should be a good day, the only acts I definitely want to see are Natty and Ash on the main stage, and Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip at Empire, to be honest I've hardly heard of any of the other bands so I'll just wander about randomly drinking overpriced warm beer and inhaling smog.

Glamgirl is going with her friends, so I'll probably get a drunken phonecall off her while I'm in work. If any of you see's a pretty as fuck latino girl with huge hair on the phone, ask her to pass it to you and you'll probably be talking to Nerf.

youmeatsix and we are the ocean sounds like the only particularly crap set as far as the bands I have heard of are concerned. (Well okay, I've never actually heard of We Are The Ocean but I assume they will be pish purely judging them by their name.)

I'd like to see all the bands on the first three stages, except One Night Only, as they make me want to push pencils into my eardrums.

Edited by metalman

Glamgirl is going with her friends, so I'll probably get a drunken phonecall off her while I'm in work. If any of you see's a pretty as fuck latino girl with huge hair on the phone, ask her to pass it to you and you'll probably be talking to Nerf.

Wait!

Glamgirl is Latino??

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS SOONER?!?! :angry:

She talks dirty to me in Spanish. It's so hot, and I haven't a clue what she's saying.

Why, is that a bad thing or a good thing?

Salma-Hayek-Biography-2.jpg

Good thing (Y)

Wow! A Music Live thread. I caught some naffness early on, went to the pub, came back to see Delays in the rain which really doesn't work. Then tried to get in for the Scroob but since the queue was stationary so went early to see Late of the Pier. That queue took ages too, but Town Hall was empty inside, stupid bouncers. LOTP were good though, then went to see Ash for what was probably the 8th or 9th time. Good as usual, but I still miss Charlotte...

I do feel they should stick a small fee on it though, so many scrotes compared to previous years. Fights, pissed kids again (didn't they kill that off with the fence?) and very poor policing and bouncering (plus the shit weather) ruined what could have been a nice day in the sunshi-iiiiine. Maybe I just hate Middlesbrough?