The most disturbing film you've ever seen?

slain

Really 3 pages and no mention of Last House on the Left?

Thats a seriously fucked up movie and its the only horror movie I've ever turned off before it was over.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chatterbox

Evil Dead? I never knew there was so many ways you could splatter something. And someone gets raped by a tree. That is going to affect you watch it aged 8.

Thats a seriously fucked up movie and its the only horror movie I've ever turned off before it was over.

It didn't really disturb me. I found myself torn between being bored, and anxiously waiting for something cool to happen (which, lots of cool stuff did happen)... but never once did I feel uncomfortable watching that movie.

Perhaps it is just dated, or maybe I'm far too desensitized. I was looking forward to watching it... then I watched it and enjoyed it, but the hype was not lived up to.

I can't remember if it was called Silent Hill?? I beleive there was a game made from it or vice versa.

I'm pretty squeemish and this movie turned on and I watch and this woman is getting freakin raped by barbed wire through the vagoo with a little dead girl dancing in the blood.

I had to turn it off as I felt sick for a bit after that

I can't remember if it was called Silent Hill?? I beleive there was a game made from it or vice versa.

I'm pretty squeemish and this movie turned on and I watch and this woman is getting freakin raped by barbed wire through the vagoo with a little dead girl dancing in the blood.

I had to turn it off as I felt sick for a bit after that

Ahhh, Silent Hill... movie adapted from games. Love both the games and the movie (Y)

Cannibal Holocaust is mine. A friend of mine payed like $70 for a special edition set, and we had a little viewing party. It wasn't exactly easy to sit through. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, though.

But I think, getting away from cheap answers, I'd have to pickThe Devil's Rejects. The scene with Terri from Three's Company is second only to the masturbation scene in The Exorcist, in my book. The movie was such a mind fuck for me. I felt sympathetic for the Firefly family after the big finish, and that's what gets me.

Audition.

"Kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri!"

Shockingly well realised.

Partly you realise what happened to her last boyfriend who she keeps in the bag - take his feet off, cut out his tongue and force him to stay in a bag and feed only on her sick. Creepy as.

When he phones her and it cuts to her phone and her just sitting there waiting for him to call and the smile that briefly plays across her lips.....Goosebumps at that moment, especially watching it back....

Also the fact you've gone a couple of hours of slightly strange and stilted romantic story between a slightly pervy old guy and a pleasant enough young girl before you get to anything creepy adds to it. Horror pacing at it's best and probably bettered only by a few such as the original Alien movie.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

It didn't really disturb me. I found myself torn between being bored, and anxiously waiting for something cool to happen (which, lots of cool stuff did happen)... but never once did I feel uncomfortable watching that movie.

Perhaps it is just dated, or maybe I'm far too desensitized. I was looking forward to watching it... then I watched it and enjoyed it, but the hype was not lived up to.

That, plus every time something horrible and graphic happens, they go back to the useless sub-plot with the cops and rednecks or whoever they were. I know Wes Craven said that he intended for these scenes to soften the blow and lighten the mood of the previous scenes, but to me, they pretty much ruined the movie.