The most disturbing film you've ever seen?

slain

Alright, I made a similar topic a few days ago, before the great time warp. What is the most disturbing movie you've ever seen? Hopefully all of them are serious and in the horror genre, but if it's not, then go crazy.

The most disturbing movie I've ever seen is "The Wizard Of Gore" (The 1970 original). I know it was cheesy and incredibly fake looking, but some scenes almost made me want to throw up. And NO movie has ever done that to me. Has anyone else seen this movie? What did you think? Oh, and how's the remake?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wizard Of Gore was pretty disturbing for all it's awesomeness. The pure gore of it was quite overwhelming. (The original, I never bothered to see the remake) The flim that disturbed me the most is Odishon/Audition. The last ten minutes was so very freaking hard to watch. I'm sure it has much to do with my fear of needles, but I have never felt so claustophobic and full of anxiety in my life. I had nightmares for weeks of her going "Tee tee tee tee tee tee tee" The disturbing film that mesmerized me is Guinea Pig Films The Flower Of Flesh and Blood. This "snuff" film (don't worry folks it's not real, tho some thought it was) makes dismemberment an art.

Biggest let down? Murder-Set Pieces. Truly a movie all about hype. I was frankly bored and pissed I spent money to rent it.

Jacob's Ladder really got me, it tied into a lot of my fears - loss of grounding in reality, hospitals, and freaky shaking faceless motherfuckers. Genuinely troubling film, that one.

And while I adore it, and easily consider it one of my top five films of all time, and in many ways find it beautiful and utterly sublime, I've never met a soul that's not been disturbed by Eraserhead. I know people who refuse to even talk about it, or who can't watch it all in one sitting. Everybody I've ever watched it with has felt a little fucked up by it, though, and bits of it even get me now even though, as I said, I find it a absolutely beautiful.

I forgot about Them. I watched this movie a month ago and it unsettled me enough for me to check all the doors and windows when it was over. A couple weeks later I went to see The Strangers. Not nearly as good as Them, but not that bad. I was cool. Then the week before last someone broke into my house, in broad daylight, while I was home. They opened up my bedroom door while I was talking to a friend on the phone and I thought it was my son. I went to check what he wanted, then realize he didn't have a key to get in the house and that's when I started to freak. So needless to say, no more home invasion horror flicks for me for quite awhile.

The Wizard Of Gore was pretty disturbing for all it's awesomeness. The pure gore of it was quite overwhelming. (The original, I never bothered to see the remake) The flim that disturbed me the most is Odishon/Audition. The last ten minutes was so very freaking hard to watch. I'm sure it has much to do with my fear of needles, but I have never felt so claustophobic and full of anxiety in my life. I had nightmares for weeks of her going "Tee tee tee tee tee tee tee" The disturbing film that mesmerized me is Guinea Pig Films The Flower Of Flesh and Blood. This "snuff" film (don't worry folks it's not real, tho some thought it was) makes dismemberment an art.

Biggest let down? Murder-Set Pieces. Truly a movie all about hype. I was frankly bored and pissed I spent money to rent it.

I probably would have been disturbed by Audition had I not known everything about it before seeing it. When I finally got a hold of a copy, I was just sitting there for an hour plus just saying "C'mon, get to the good stuff!" Not to say it's not a good movie, which it is, but I kinda ruined it for myself.

As for Wizard of Gore, Herschell Gordon Lewis is a genius to pull off such gory effects like that in the 60's. I have that, 10,000 Maniacs and The Gore Gore Girls (my personal favorite) and I love them all. Way ahead of his time.

By the way, my most disturbing movie has to be Cannibal Holocaust. There have only been two movies I've ever seen that has made me feel dirty and less of a person for watching them. The first was Ichi The Killer but I got over it by the second or third viewing. But Cannibal Holocaust was rough. I had to turn it off when the tribesman was punishing his woman by raping her with a rock because it was making me ill, and I had to wait a few more days until I got the courage to finish it. After that, it wasn't too bad but it was still disturbing. Plus all of the animal killing was so unnecessary.

By the way, I haven't seen any of the Guinea Pig series. If I had the money and the movies readily available to me (ie not ordering it on the internet and waiting weeks for shipping), I'd give it a shot. But I'm still kinda afraid to.

Hard Candy. Were she castrates him then drops his balls in the garbage disposal.....I have never wanted to beat the shit out of a kid more in my life.

In all fairness, that scene was fake. No, I don't mean fake in the sense that it didn't happen because it's a movie, but fake as in that even IN the movie, it didn't ACTUALLY happen. It was psychological torture and nothing more.

The part in the first Hostel where the eye gets removed and all the white puss comes out. Ugh...

I hated Hostel, and I actually laughed when that happened because I thought it looked too fake.

To whoever said they skipped the Wizard of Gore remake... I'd just like to point out that the film hasn't found any release at all, be it legal or of the non-legal variety.

It should also be pointed out that the remake stars Cripsin Glover, which makes it worth watching in itself.

Cannibal Holocaust was a hard movie to watch, but in the end Audition still is the one that got me. I think The Girl Next Door was very well done, but I guess I have been so over saturated with torture movies that it didn't really bother me.

Now as far as The Wizard of Gore remake, I was well aware Crispin Glover (who I've adored since A River Edge) was in it, but I have an adversion to remakes of films I have nostalgia for. I never 'bothered', which meant I never took the time to find it, research it, see how I could obtain it, like I have so many others, I refused to see Van Sants Psycho and I wouldn't have seen Halloween if I hadn't so loved everything Rob Zombie. There are many others that I can't think of right now and Michael Bay is the bane of my movie existance. *Remaking The Birds is just plain sacrilege in my opinion*

Crispin's Gore is being released Wizard Of Gore Remake to be Released

Edited by Synjynpsychobitch

Hard Candy. Were she castrates him then drops his balls in the garbage disposal.....I have never wanted to beat the shit out of a kid more in my life.

In all fairness, that scene was fake. No, I don't mean fake in the sense that it didn't happen because it's a movie, but fake as in that even IN the movie, it didn't ACTUALLY happen. It was psychological torture and nothing more.

yeah so even the thought of it was very disturbing to me, i agree, i would probably want to beat the shit outta her too :lol:

The Love Guru...:shifty:

Just awful...

Seriously though? I don't know. I can't really think of any but that probably is because I'm not really into horror movies.

However, I guess the movie Pathology would fit into this category because it's just a weirdass movie.