The most disturbing film you've ever seen?

slain

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannibal Holocaust.

Had a boyfriend in college who showed it to me and some friends. It wasn't even one of those gory movies that are fun to watch just to see how far they will go i.e. Audition or Hostel. It was just terrible and made me feel terrible for a few days after. I was really sitting there thinking everyone involved should really be ashamed of themselves for it.

Requiem for a Dream... I own the movie and to this day I still can't bring myself to watch it again after the first viewing.

Ass to ass!

/high five

By the way, if you go to Wal-Mart and look in their DVD bargain bin. You'll find an edited version of Requiem For A Dream. How do I know it's edited? Because the title on the DVD is "Requiem For A Dream Edited Version". No shit.

Requiem for a Dream... I own the movie and to this day I still can't bring myself to watch it again after the first viewing.

Co-sign. I actually lived with a chick who had this habit of really getting into movies, so much that she'd watch them every day, and sometimes multiple times a day, for weeks on end. She did this with Requiem. I was like 'heyo bitch, you do realize that we're staying in a house full of tweakers, right? Stop playing this shit!'.

High Tension gets a lot of love from me, but I don't know if I'd call it 'most disturbing'.

Spanking the Monkey. I have no idea why it's considered a comedy. Especially not when you watch it with your mother (fortunately my sisters were also there so it wasn't totally horrible).

I'd have to go with The Strangers on this one for sure. I saw it a while back and as much as I loved it, it was very creepy. Not scary, but it gave me the creeps.

I also found that Hostel was a good movie, but I can't bring myself to watch the scene where the guy cuts his heels... ouch... I saw it once, never again!

Oh, and House of 1000 Corpses was fucked! But so good, Rob Zombie is a horror genius.

I really want to see Hostel II though, aswell as Funny Games (US remake with Naomi Watts) and High Tension which sounds really good. And while making my list of movies to see, what's Audition about? Sounds creepy from you guys.

And while making my list of movies to see, what's Audition about? Sounds creepy from you guys.

Its best to just see it, but it starts off as a man using his friend's movie company to audition actresses for a role so that he can also check them out and choose one that he likes, since he has been single since his wife died, concentrating on bringing up his son.

So yeah, thats the basis, doesn't sound too creepy but you have to see the film, it'll be pointless explaining anymore.

I agree. The beauty of Audition is the build up. The seemingly innocuous premise and then the confusion of inserted disturbing scenes. This leads to one glorious finale. I have found that people that already know what the film is truly about, often don't experience it and enjoy it like I have. My advice is don't know too much about it and just watch.

The same thing can be said about High Tension (Haute Tension). The less you know about the storyline the better you will enjoy it.

Edited by Synjynpsychobitch

I'm not particularly squeamish, but Hostel 2 (the scene where the virgin girl is flogged to death to make a blood bath for the crazy bitch) made me uncomfortable. Just so graphic. That girl screaming and crying made me feel just a little ill, and I usually enjoy some senseless violence.

Irreversable's infamous rape scene made me feel all kinds of weird too. It goes on forever and it's so depressingly pathetic.

If I can include a TV show - there was an infamous episode of The X-Files about an inbred family who went about murdering folks. The episode wasn't so disturbing - just the repetition of that old song and the scene where they beat the cop's wife to death. Gave me shivers.

Edited by Merry ChrisWalkerBushmas

I agree. The beauty of Audition is the build up. The seemingly innocuous premise and then the confusion of inserted disturbing scenes. This leads to one glorious finale. I have found that people that already know what the film is truly about, often don't experience it and enjoy it like I have. My advice is don't know too much about it and just watch.

I stumbled into watching Audition when Channel 4 did either a 'Scream' season, or a 'Films That Were Banned' season, which is weird, because Audition doesn't really fit either. But it came on, and I got sucked in. It is the innocuous premise, whilst the viewer generally has some idea that this isn't the way it will continue that drives you through it.

I stumbled into watching Audition when Channel 4 did either a 'Scream' season, or a 'Films That Were Banned' season, which is weird, because Audition doesn't really fit either. But it came on, and I got sucked in. It is the innocuous premise, whilst the viewer generally has some idea that this isn't the way it will continue that drives you through it.

Absolutely! And Takashi Miike has this great ability to create two parallel realities which causes several great "Wait just a sec??!!!" moments.

Well I have all you beat.

Ebola Syndrome:

AND

Ichi The Killer:

I've not seen Ebola Syndrome, but Ichi the Killer is another great Takashi Miike film. It is not a horror film, although it had very graphic violence and torture scenes. Still it did not have the effect on me that Miike's Audition did.