Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

So Joe Hart gets injured and Manchester City are allowed to loan on another goalkeeper as they "only" have two other keepers, including Kasper Schmeichel who's pretty good in his own right.

So if Gomes gets injured, can we loan in another goalie until the transfer window?

Quick, lead pipe to the knee! >_>

As Clawson said, Man City's back-up for Schmeichel is only 18 and if he hasn't had any senior experience it's no surprise they're being allowed to loan one, especially when they already have another keeper injured. It's only for two weeks anyway and it's unlikely Kasper will get injured in that spell so they may not even bother.

Bittersweet for both Liverpool and Chelsea I suppose. Should beat those teams, especially at home - but there safe in the knowledge that neither has made any headway at the top of the league.

Now it'd be typical Man Utd to win today flukely and make headway on the top 2. They often catch the breaks when you least expect them to come.

What exactly is Arsenal's league form in their last six matches?

Also I clearly hate the gooners but still, Bendtner...is he REALLY your best choice for up front right now? He's an awful player.

My mate insists he's immense because he played well against us the year we got relegated from the CCC. :shifty:

He was average in the Championship and 90% of his goals were simply because of his size and the fact that the Championship defenders couldn't cope with it. Arsenal would do better to play Vela or even Walcott (albeit he's injured now) up front than him.

Edited by - Matt -

What exactly is Arsenal's league form in their last six matches?

Also I clearly hate the gooners but still, Bendtner...is he REALLY your best choice for up front right now? He's an awful player.

He was good in the Championshiop, but doesn't seem to be ready for the Prem, plus whenever I see him partner Adebayor (sp?), I start humming the Rocky theme, which is amusing. We made the right choice getting Larsson instead of him

So Gerrard, Ferdinand, Rooney, Lampard and the Coles were unfit for England.

Gerrard gets absolutely caned for it.

Who is the only one that doesn't feature the following weekend?

Because hating Gerrard is the new cool thing in the press? The 'He's good so we must hate him for it, but expect perfection every week.'