Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Like Man City have any sort of budget <_<

I don't think Spurs need a Keane/Defoe type of player, I think Modric fills that sort of role well, even if he does play a bit deeper. I can't see us spending much on up front to be honest, Pav & Bent seem to be able to score enough and one of them's going to be on the bench anyway if Modric is playing.

Man City don't need Podolski either, they've already spent big on Robinho and Jo and have other options too like Elano. I don't think Podolski would fit in at Villa either, I can't see him beating Carew or Agbonlahor out of the starting line-up and I know he can play on the left but he's not really needed there either. But that's just me being rational, someone could well do a Spurs and spend £16.5m on a sub :shifty:

Jo doesn't seem like that bad of a player. It's just unfortunate that he cost that much and is under the pressure of probably being replaced this January by players far better than him. Before Robinho joined the club he was City's biggest buy of the summer and might have worked better when he thought he was the best player in the club.

Then again I'm sure half of Man City's reserve team could play well for a bunch of other EPL teams... which is a good thing considering they'll most likely be gone by January (Benjani, Boijnov, Mills, Hamman etc.)

Whatever happened to the Elano-QPR loan move? Is that still doing the rounds or was it just sensationalised bullshit from the Sunday papers? I'm expecting the latter.

What? Elano in the CCC? He'd fucking rape that league. The fact he isn't playing is a disgrace.

We have.. Carew and Gaby as our only strikers. Saying Podolski wouldn't fit in is wrong.

You also have Marlon Harewood, remember >_>

By Podolski not fitting in, I meant that Villa are already pretty strong in the areas that he can play in (ie. up front or on the left). I see Podolski as a leading striker for a team, not just someone to make up the numbers. And if you think he could be a starter, who would you have him replace, Agbonlahor or Carew?

Manchester United have signed a Serbian left winger named Zoran Tosic for pound 8 million.

He's a full international for Serbia and is supposed to be very good at dead ball situations, I am pleased with this signing as hopefully it will give Nani an incentive to step up his game because he has al ot of talent but doesn't use it.