Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I don't think there was any reason Cisse took the penalty other than he's probably our designated spot kicker. Jones didn't kick up a fuss or anything so I doubt he minded, and Cisse's penalty just about took the entire goal down with it. I'm of the ilk I'd rather see Cisse and Jones score one goal each in a game than either get 2 for themselves.

They're hopefully our big partnership and if they can keep producing then that's awesome.

From the looks of things Newcastle and Sunderland are going to battle in and out of the relegation zone until West Ham drops enough points to make the feud worthless <_<

EDIT: Speaking of which, West Ham only have to lose by two goals to move Sunderland out of the relegation zone

Edited by The General

At this rate, we could end up in a situation where they could be any 1 of 8 teams that could go down on the final day.

Edit: 1 actually (so long as it's 1-0), Sunderland would go above them alphabetically.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Assuming West Ham don't score. As it goes to goals scored after GD doesn't it? Which is currently level so assuming they don't score and lost by 1, then I believe we'll be out the relegation zone.

Oh and we have Hull and Blackburn as our next two games. Who knows, two wins from them and we could be in the hunt for Europe <_<

Edited by IAceI

The problem with Man Utd seems to be that they lack skilled midfielders that are also hard workers. Last season Scholes was still at his peak so naturally no-one really noticed, it's the lack of Scholes this season that's helped them drop so many points near the start and whenever he's back he's a shadow of his former self.

Anderson, Nani and co are quality... they're just too young to cut it as strong midfielders in the Premier League and get cut to pieces whenever they're properly marked.

:angry:

Bollocks. I'm sorry but that simply is not true, Anderson and Carrick work just as hard as Scholes and have just as much skill aswell. I just think that Ferguson's stubborn attitude towards playing Berbatov is costing us. If he gave Tevez a run of 10 consecutive games, he could form a similar partnership with Rooney as last year and we'd be back to our best but Ferguson won't give in and leave out his £30m star out for the good of the team.

:wacko: As a Liverpool supporter, I don't know whether to be grateful at how lucky we are that Chelsea drew at home or extremly frustrated that if had we had one our last couple of home games, we could be like 7 points clear which you know, would make me feel a lot more comfortable. Cause I just have a feeling that these home game draws are gonna come back to bite us at the end.

I always feel a bit of both when this happens. I think that United are fortunate to be so close to the top still, yet I'm annoyed we couldn't get a couple of vital wins here and there (Villa and Spurs) to put us right on top of the league.

Still, I suppose before Saturday's games I would've definitely took this outcome come Monday. We're just 3 points behind if we win our game in hand, and even though we don't play next weekend, Liverpool (Arsenal) and Chelsea (Everton) have difficult away games.

Be happy that the other teams aren't winning. No point being annoyed that your team hasn't opened up a bigger lead when it's just as likely the other teams could be top of the league if they had bucked their ideas up as well, not just you.

So be happy every time you slip up, so does everybody else.

If you ask me if you drop points, then later in the day or the next day the top team drops points you need to look at it as a "well we didn't lose ground" view. It's frustrating but if you don't win, it's better that the other teams don't win either I guess. As the teams are just as likely to make ground on you/pull away from you depending on your position as you are to do the same.

Just my view on it anyways. At the end of the day you're just in the exact same position at the start of the weekend or whatever, and at this point we're essentially just about to start the season again so I guess the teams can gear themselves up to see the same teams again <_<

I'm rambling. I know what I mean anyways..