Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Back to the same old Spurs, glory run under Redknapp has ended, Jenas will hopefully be sold in the window for a midfielder who can pass and maybe we'll buy a striker who isn't Darren Bent :@

To be fair, you were down to 10 men, you have no proper LM and you played 1 up front... that one being Bent.

Back to the same old Spurs, glory run under Redknapp has ended, Jenas will hopefully be sold in the window for a midfielder who can pass and maybe we'll buy a striker who isn't Darren Bent :@

To be fair, you were down to 10 men, you have no proper LM and you played 1 up front... that one being Bent.

We've been rubbish the last few games though, against Newcastle and Fulham. Don't look like scoring at all (our one goal against Newcastle was a complete fluke).

Bloody hell it's tight in the bottom half of the Premier League. Two teams on 18 points, 3 on 20 points, 3 on 22 points and 2 on 23 points. West Brom off the bottom for a couple of hours then back down there after Blackburn/Man City.

EDIT: And yeah, how the fuck do you throw away a 2-0 lead with 6 minutes to go? Robinho was standing there for about 10 seconds ready to make a run with absolutely nobody marking him.

Edited by Scott McFly

Yeah it's nuts in the bottom of the Premiership. Hell, even sneaking into the top half as well. I can't speak for the other fans but I'm quite used to it now. At first it would be a case of "Woah we're in the relegation zone here, that's not good." Then a week later it's like "Jesus we're flying up the table now. Awesome." Now I'm pretty used to just seeing teams bouncing up and down and all over the place. It's exciting but it's keeping my heart in my throat. The problem is there's so many teams you're bound to move up or down constantly, because obviously not everyone can win or lose, so teams will leapfrog you.. then go straight back below you the next week. Whereas teams are falling like bricks.. then just flying back up again.

Because everyones just taking points off each other and how tight and close it is, no one can get any consistency going and it's just crazy. Entertaining but crazy and pretty exhausting at the same time.

I fucking screamed at the TV when I found out it was 2-2. Sky Sports News didn't even inform me of the other three goals that had gone in at Ewood until the final whistle. I am so pissed off at the moment at how Blackburn could throw away the victory that we could have had over Man City.

I am not a happy bunny. :angry: