Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Untitled.jpg

Newcastle were going down until the penultimate game. Then in my fantasy world Man Utd got to the Champions League final and fielded their reserve team on the 24th because of this, allowing Hull to lead from about 4 minutes into the game and all the Hull fans are singing and shit but then Michael Owen pops up with a last minute goal in the Newcastle game! I have no idea why some of the teams are on 37 games but it doesn't change much. Chelsea and Wigan up a place if they won but I was only doing this to see who went down. Surprised I had Pompey finish 14th because they lost nearly every game :shifty:

Apparently the guy loves partying more than football and that's why Barcelona let him go so cheaply. Really can't see why he hasn't even got more opportunities at Spurs, even under Ramos. Can easily see how he's not a Redknapp player, but I thought that, all things being equal, he'd get chances under Ramos.

Nice to hear Tevez is getting a start.

I was confident we'd beat them in the run up to this, I think it could be closer than I thought. I cant see them ever winning today, here's hoping I'm not wrong. I decided to have a little bet on United to win 2-1, let's all hope for that scoreline :shifty:

Great, more pathetic defending. Let's just let them win this game shall we?

Yea, we've sucked thus far, but I hope Sir Alex can get us back on track during the break. It's amazing that a quality player like Vidic made such a horrible mistake, but then again, we all make mistakes sometimes - it's a crying shame that that mistake had to happen during the worst possible moment. Same goes with Evra, it's not common to see him so sloppy.

Ah well, here's hoping that Rooney and Tevez will step up in the second half. Oh, and Vidic and Evra, too. :rolleyes:

Really good first half, just a let down for me as to how poor United have been in defence. After a season of amazing defending, it's like they just threw it all out the window in 45 minutes. Cant believe we're behind, that's football though. Torres is looking really dangerous and can easily score another if United don't get their fucking act together in the second half. I'm hyped for the second half now.