Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

United's next three matches are Fulham, Villa and Sunderland, they can cope without Vidic until after that surely?

Besides, now he'll be in better shape for Champions League matches <_<

Sure, but it pisses me off that he plays like a shitbag in one of the biggest matches of the season. Of course, this does not make him a bad player or anything, and we can do without him in the next matches, but it's just annoying that he fucks up in a situation like this - and not once, but twice.

Edited by Shelty92

What a pathetic performance. Liverpool were nothing but decent, so to lose like that shows how shocking we were. The entire defence was a complete joke. How John O'Shit hasn't been sold yet I'll never know. The only decent players on the entire team were Carrick and Rooney, the rest weren't even deserving of a place in a Championship side. We didn't HAVE to win this and Liverpool really did have to, but that doesn't make up for how disgraced we are now. I think it's safe to say I've never hated a team more than Liverpool and am somehow for once behind Chelsea in hope they get second spot instead of them. Four points clear and a game in hand, whether we cruise to the title or whatever happens, nothing is making up for that disaster.

Ergh tough pill to swallow but barring a complete collapse we should still retain the title. Win the game in hand and it's 7 points gap to overcome which is just to much especially as Liverpool like United still have to play Arsenal and Villa.

Brilliant stuff - after the penalty we were faultless at the back. Aurelio has yet another brilliant game against one of the best players in the world. Big Sami was immaculate, even at 36 he's still one of the better centre backs around. Lucas and Masch ran the midfield, Kuyt had his usual game against a top team, and Gerrard and Torres were the difference. Torres made two of the best defenders in the world look thoroughly average, and Gerrard was awesome.

These are the kinda days that make everyone happy. Except Man Yoo fans of course.

Andrea Dossena has scored two in two! Lucas has a good game! This is what has impressed me most.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha.......

ha.

Must say we were so shit we could of been passed off as Leeds (Y)

I actually don't care if Leeds lose 50-0 today, that has made my day.

Apparently the guy loves partying more than football and that's why Barcelona let him go so cheaply. Really can't see why he hasn't even got more opportunities at Spurs, even under Ramos. Can easily see how he's not a Redknapp player, but I thought that, all things being equal, he'd get chances under Ramos.

It was hard for him to get chances under Ramos, what with the torn ankle ligaments and everything.

I'm glad Liverpool won today, the title's pretty much Man Utd's anyway at least this way it makes things a little more exciting.

The next time someone wants to know why Berbatov starts more games than Tevez, I will point them in the direction of this game. Yes his work rate is fantastic, but when it's him and Rooney up front we're just too reliant on Ronaldo to score the goals. When Tevez gets the ball in front of goal I could never guarentee someone that he will score whereas you just know, those two chances Tevez had today, where he had to control it quickly and shoot, are Berbatov's bread and butter and probably would've both ended with goals.

And I know they were only half chances, but if you're a £30 million striker in this day and age, you need to be putting those away and I'm afraid Tevez just doesn't do it often enough. Add to that, his workrate isn't half as valuable when you have someone doing the same thing in Wayne Rooney, whose all round game is just better.

Now I love Tevez to bits, but for me there isn't an argument about who starts out of our 3 strikers.

As for the game, it's been summed up. 4-1 was harsh, but we didn't help ourselves and for that deserved nothing from the game. Fair play to Liverpool, they made the most of our mistakes and defended well when they had to. I think we'll still win the league with something to spare but I could've done without the gap being closed today. Oh well.

Oh, and John O'Shea is fast becoming one of worst players ever to wear a United shirt. I'm deadly serious here. The guy used to be solid and dependable, but the last season or so he just looks inept in everything that he does. If he's not giving away ridiculous free kicks he's getting caught wrong side, getting roasted by someone with the merest suggestion of pace, or just plain giving the ball away. I don't know if it's confidence or what, but he is not a Manchester United quality player right now.

If Newcastle don't win this game they're going to go down :(

They'd probably need around 10 points from the next 9 games if they don't... and I don't see us getting anything from Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool :(

EDIT: Why does the Newcastle score always change when I'm typing forcing me to look like an idiot in the process >_<

Edited by The General

Arsenal 1-0 Blackburn

Bolton 1-1 Fulham

Everton 2-0 Stoke

Hull 1-1 Newcastle

Middlesbrough 0-1 Portsmouth

Sunderland 1-2 Wigan

If every match finishes like that I'd be a very very happy bunny.

Also Man Utd are probably my favourite of the big four teams (which isn't saying much!) so that result was a bit of a bummer....Not much of one though :P

I've thought all season that the advantage of playing Tevez instead of Berba would be that Ronaldo will drift more and play a lot more centrally. But no. Ronaldo stayed on the wing, didn't take on the full-back when he could have and didn't put any threatening balls into the box (which wouldn't have amounted to anything anyway because Tevez and Rooney would struggle to beat Hyypia and Skrtyl on the best of days in the air). If you are going to keep Ronaldo far out on the wing, you need to put in Berbatov cos he can hold the ball up and will pose a threat to the two defenders in the air.

Oh, and has a Wayne Rooney corner ever met the head of a Utd player? With Carrick's ability at passing, why not let him take them and then stick Rooney on the edge of the box in a 'Scholes role'.