Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha.......

ha.

Must say we were so shit we could of been passed off as Leeds (Y)

I actually don't care if Leeds lose 50-0 today, that has made my day.

I reckon you're a closet Utd fan really. :P You know like how in playgrounds little boys and girls pick on the people they actually like.

If by 'a chance' you mean 'not completely impossible', then sure. If you mean 'likely' then...probably not, no.

'Not completely impossible' is what I meant.

It isn't likely that we beat West Ham, but they have a few important players out as far as I know. Sure a few of their key guys like Upson, Noble, Neil, Parker and Di Michele remain, but they haven't got Dean Ashton (Who hasn't played since we beat them 3-2 earlier in the season), Carlton Cole (Suspension), Valon Berhami (Injured) and Jack Collison (Injured), so it's kind of opened up a window of oppurtunity for us. We have the ability to score goals IMO, Marc Antoine Fortune has scored 3 times since coming in January (Which I know isn't great, but still, it's half of what Bednar has got in a season) and Jay Simpson looks like he has goals in him (However, I

If by 'a chance' you mean 'not completely impossible', then sure. If you mean 'likely' then...probably not, no.

'Not completely impossible' is what I meant.

It isn't likely that we beat West Ham, but they have a few important players out as far as I know. Sure a few of their key guys like Upson, Noble, Neil, Parker and Di Michele remain, but they haven't got Dean Ashton (Who hasn't played since we beat them 3-2 earlier in the season), Carlton Cole (Suspension), Valon Berhami (Injured) and Jack Collison (Injured), so it's kind of opened up a window of oppurtunity for us. We have the ability to score goals IMO, Marc Antoine Fortune has scored 3 times since coming in January (Which I know isn't great, but still, it's half of what Bednar has got in a season) and Jay Simpson looks like he has goals in him (However, I don't

Just watching Goals on Sunday and saw that dive by Pedersen. Absolutely disgusting is all I can say about it.

Does anybody else think they shouldn't have guests on shows like this and MotD that are active Premier League managers? Allardyce just seems unprofessional to be spending his Sunday morning sat slagging his own team off with Chris Kamara.

I'd quite like to see more people being brought in who are writers for football and that sort of thing. Sort of pull away from the idea that to actually know what you're talking about you need to be a former footballer, I know that gives it more credibility but there are people who understand the game as well as people they have presenting.

More correspondents or whatever to give some information who aren't massively biased like every former-footballing pundit. Just my view though, guess I'm just sick of seeing people like Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday with "Ugh well a fink Everton are doin' really well Jeff. Really well, it's free nil and there just on top."

Wow thanks for that Paul. Also whenever someone else is talking about a game, suddenly Merson's game because all interesting and he starts screaming "CHANCE! CHANCE!" over everyone. The guys who do the brief reports on the lower league games seem like they know more, plus it means on programs you don't just recycle the same guests every couple of weeks. Get a good broad view so you get to hear more peoples opinions. Back to GSS, we all know Phil Thompson is completely incapable of giving a non-biased view regarding the top 4 teams, yet they feel the need to discuss it them at length with him.

On the footballing programs you always get Hansen and Lawrenson and it just gets repetitive. But I suppose if that's their contract, then there going to show up all the time. Tony Gale, Charlie Nicholas and Alan McInally are the boys though.

EDIT: To be honest I just want John Gwynne to be on a studio program and just shout a lot <_<

Edited by IAceI

Ahhh, how fucking glorius was yesterday? Scotland nearly beating Ireland, Wales winning, Man United getting massacred (I don't even like Liverpool much, but God damn that was awesome. And Dossena has now scored 2 in 2 games against two of the supposed best teams in Europe)...

And then to top it all off, one of my favourite analysis packages ever on MOTD: Wayne Rooney screaming and hollaring whenever anyone else put a foot wrong, followed by extensive footage of him being absolutely fucking useless himself. Lovely.

And I didn't even mention my favourite moment in football for YEARS: last man Vidic hauling Gerrard to the ground BY GRABBING HIS TESTICLES and being sent off for it, then wondering why. Gerrard with no balls, Vidic with a suspension, Utd with no points, Arsenal putting four past Blackburn... re-fucking-sult! The only slight downer was Middlesborough's 93rd minute equiliser.

So West Brom are going down, hopefully we can get rid of Boro this season too. That leaves one spot for Newcastle to fall into... lovely. Michael Owen in the Championship.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Ahhh, how fucking glorius was yesterday? Scotland nearly beating Ireland, Wales winning, Man United getting massacred (I don't even like Liverpool much, but God damn that was awesome. And Dossena has now scored 2 in 2 games against two of the supposed best teams in Europe)...

And then to top it all off, one of my favourite analysis packages ever on MOTD: Wayne Rooney screaming and hollaring whenever anyone else put a foot wrong, followed by extensive footage of him being absolutely fucking useless himself. Lovely.

And I didn't even mention my favourite moment in football for YEARS: last man Vidic hauling Gerrard to the ground BY GRABBING HIS TESTICLES and being sent off for it, then wondering why. Gerrard with no balls, Vidic with a suspension, Utd with no points... re-fucking-sult!

What is this? 2002? Real Madrid are nowhere near being one of the best sides in Europe.

Yeah, sorry, they got to the Knockout stages of the Champions League by being shite. My bad

Edit: That was in response to FF, obviously.

And bah.. winner and equaliser both have an I in them somewhere. Same word, really. ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Never really thought of it that way. Fair point.

Just looked at Sunderland's run-in, Sbragia's target is 9 points away. The winnable games are West Brom, Hull, Portsmouth and Bolton in my eyes. We have away matches with Man City, West Ham, a home match with Man Utd and we finish the season with Chelsea. So, it's pretty tight for us, could be close unless we can maybe get a few sneaky points/wins early on. On the upside if you consider there's maybe 7-10 teams who could all go down dependent on form, I'd assume West Brom will go down so that's only really 2 other spots. So we have a good chance of staying up <_<

Yeah, sorry, they got to the Knockout stages of the Champions League by being shite. My bad

And bah.. winner and equaliser both have an I in them somewhere. Same word, really. ¬_¬

I never said they were shite, but Real are nowhere near the force they used to be.

I never said they were shite, but Real are nowhere near the force they used to be.

They're still one of the best teams in Europe. Assuming the definition doesn't just include Liverpool, Barcelona, Man Utd and Chelsea... because out of all the teams there are, that's a pretty narrow selection. I will not have you lessening the humiliation of Dossena scoring against them :shifty:

Ahhhh beautiful. First Spurs league match on Japanese telly since Keaneo returned AND BAE is rocking a 'fro again.

Tis gonna be a fine couple of hours.

Also, 181 consecutive league games for Brad Friedel stretching over five seasons! Fair dos to the guy, he's solid, dependable and exactly the kind of keeper you dream about having for your team.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster