Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

The only argument I can offer supporting Webb's decision is that Carrick may have still got to the ball had Gomez not crashed into him after prodding the ball away. It's not as if he punched it miles away. I'unno, was a soft penalty but you still have to give credit to Rooney and Ronaldo who have been immense second half. Rooney in particular.

So pleased that Berbatov got the goal after all the shit he got this week even getting boo'ed while playing Portsmouth.

I'll have to watch the penalty again but it looked like Gomes got the ball but after that goal from Ronaldo went in...we completely destroyed them, came out of absolutely nowhere.

I really, really do not want Liverpool to win the title true but how anyone could say that was a fair penalty I have no fucking idea. And Rockbox is the last person on here to blindly praise his team to high heaven.

Also. lol, Bentley. He thinks now he is at a big London club he has 'made it'. Not even 4th choice for the right side of England's midfield now. Sure did suck to be at boring old Rovers didn't it Davey? Cunt.

The only argument I can offer supporting Webb's decision is that Carrick may have still got to the ball had Gomez not crashed into him after prodding the ball away. It's not as if he punched it miles away. I'unno, was a soft penalty but you still have to give credit to Rooney and Ronaldo who have been immense second half. Rooney in particular.

That's still not a penalty as he still won the ball

Is Howard Webb really Englands best referee :huh:

Clearly not after that performance.

Not just that performance, he's had a dodgy season. But because he's young the FA have thrown their weight behind him, he'll be taken care of. Rob Styles was strung up for a similar series of poor performances, but was getting on a bit so the FA could hang him out to dry.

Edited by therockbox

Damn that Howard Webb for handing United the title in one game :angry:

And damn those Tottenham fans for being annoyed that they had all their momentum killed off in one moment! :angry:

They should be honoured to be on the same pitch as United, like Howard Webb was. It would have been rude to go to Old Trafford and not give a dodgy penalty to United.

And damn those Tottenham fans for being annoyed that they had all their momentum killed off in one moment! :angry:

They should be honoured to be on the same pitch as United, like Howard Webb was. It would have been rude to go to Old Trafford and not give a dodgy penalty to United.

I'm sorry Hugo, I was blinded by the foolish blasphemy of fair play.

Let us all worship at the altar of Sir Alex Ferguson.

(and before Johnny bitches on about the last seventy six Howard Webb games and the forty six Manchester United titles, that was tongue in cheek).

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

After seeing the penalty again, it wasn't a penalty. I've seen them given before and even worst ones than that. In his defence, it looked like one. And yes, I was watching it on a stream and never see the newer angle (Until just now) previously and at first it looked like a penalty from a mile away. Yes, I am a retard and yes I was wrong, so hopefully we can leave it at that. All that said, he didn't have the best game for either side.

That said, I don't agree with half of what's been said though. Goals do change games, but we just went on to destroy Tottenham. Cant expect United to say 'No, it's not a penalty, play on' (Unless your names Robbie Fowler) and what we did from there on was magnificent. And to me, the points are what matters as well as that fantastic second half performance. That was one of the games I thought would be the hardest, great to get it out of the way. Now I'm just looking at Arsenal and City, four points out of those two games would suit me.

It's typical of you guys to bitch and moan because of a penalty decision that goes against you. Seriously, in my opinion it was the right call. Of course despite the fact we then score three perfectly good goals and suddenly make Tottenham look laughable, we're still only apparently winning thanks to Webb.

It's already been said but if you think that was the right decision you're an utter moron and shouldn't be posting in football threads.

And as for going on to score more goals, you obviously don't understand momentum.

Oh stop being a dick and take the rose tinted glasses off. You hate United, so whether they perform great or not, you'll shit on them. What the fuck does me knowing anything about football have to do with this? That's got to be the most immature insult ever to say I know fuck all because I'm in here praising the team I support. We've just scored four perfectly fine goals, but that means nothing because of one bad decision in your book. Seriously, grow up and leave it at that.

Don't insinuate someone else is being biased against your team or for their team because you are quite clearly the biggest homer on the entire board (except for maybe Chase). And again, momentum. If the penalty isn't given you probably don't go on to score those four perfectly good goals.

Why does Bentley not play anymore? Has he really been that bad?

Unfortunately, yes.

I'm sorry Hugo, I was blinded by the foolish blasphemy of fair play.

Let us all worship at the altar of Sir Alex Ferguson.

I knew I was going to regret not putting a :shifty: at the end of my post.

And please. Fair play? Old Trafford?

Edited by Hugobombski