Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Nice to see Defoe swapping shirts with Campbell. I've had enough of the retards booing Campbell every single time he appears, touches the ball or whatever. It's pretty boring actually.

We were actually worth more than a draw but at least we didn't concede ANOTHER last minute goal.

Nice to see Defoe swapping shirts with Campbell. I've had enough of the retards booing Campbell every single time he appears, touches the ball or whatever. It's pretty boring actually.

We were actually worth more than a draw but at least we didn't concede ANOTHER last minute goal.

I'm glad any Tottenham player took it. Hopefully it might shut up a few of the idiots in the crowd.

Andy Gray is a fucking idiot.

His entire basis for preferring man marking to zonal marking is that there is someone to blame with man marking. Seriously, what a complete and utter bellend. We use zonal marking (and very rarely concede from set pieces, despite Richard Keys saying "they seem to let one in every week" every time he appears on tv) and on those odd occasions where we concede it's perfectly obvious whose at fault, because they shouldn't be losing the ball in their zone.

Sky's reaction towards zonal marking is symptomatic of their analysis of football. Anything that requires more than a couple of seconds of thought is dismissed as useless or an example of foreigners 'not getting' English football.

Oh Darren Bent. Nonononononono. The greatest cross ever...hanging...unmarked...James nowhere.

Boohoo.

This. Holy crap how do you not even put that on goal ? That was bad bad baaaaaaaad. The reaction shots were phenomenal.

And just wow at how completely awkward and retarded Crouch looks trying to handle the ball. He's got ten left feet and no big toes.

I really hope Pav isn't out for too long, as Darren Bent has been rubbish lately. If he is injured, I'd rather see Campbell get a start, as he'd probably link with Defoe better than Bent would, but that's mainly because Bent can't link with anyone. And BAE is back next match, so we'll hopefully start winning again >_>

"Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says his wife would have been capable of converting Darren Bent's horror miss against Portsmouth on Sunday."

-BBC

hehehehe

Oh and fortunately King's injury is only a strain and not a tear which makes for a far far far shorter layoff.

However I agree with AD. We need to accept the King situation and sign a replacement. Woody is brilliant, Dawson's on form and Corluka is showing us how great he is but beyond that we've got no cover.

Apparantly we're also in for Harper from Newcastle as goalkeeping backup which would be an excellent signing cos there's no way he'd be expensive.

Serves City right for throwing their cash around like it's Monopoly money. Clubs that don't have to sell will just stick silly valuations on their players (even if they have one valuation for City and one for anyone else), especially Blackburn who know City are interested in RSC. Although presumably Bellamy was the next choice, so if they get him then any RSC deal is out the window.