The All-Purpose Watchmen Thread *SPOILERS*

GoGo Yubari

Let's voting!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate it?

2. 2. This poll goes to eleven.

• Dammit GoGo we're never letting you do one of these again.
  3. 3. The length of the movie was...

• Too long!
    • Too short!
    • Juuuust right.
  4. 4. I, ________, recommend that you...

• Buy this movie on DVD the very second it comes out, in a Moloch the Mystic costume (because everyone else will be Rorschach).
    • Put it on your Netflix queue or just rent it from a store if you're that draconian.
    • Watch it on TV, the TNN edit should be phenominal.
    • Avoid, avoid, avoid.

The official site is down, so have some Youtube.

Fuck it, this looks amazing. Possibly the first truly good film adaptation of Alan Moore's work ever if the trailer's any indication.

Edited by GoGo Gadget Gospel

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I hate judging films by trailers, but that did nothing for me, it looked good, visually impressive, but I just got no sense of significance as a film. The fact it boasted the "visionary" director made me feel like maybe the film feels too self-assured (which, considering its source material, it probably SHOULD be). Still, I don't like to judge a book by its cover or a film by one trailer, so I'm still willing to be totally hyped for the film.

Although, maybe it's just the fact it felt dirty using the same theme song as Batman & Robin **Shudder**

Eh. It's the first trailer; what I'm assuming was that its intent was to both go "hey hey look at all this cool shit" for people who've never read the comic whilst also going "hey hey look at how we're visually representing shit from the comic" for people who have read it. For a trailer which had a clear, simple intent of just showing how visually impressive the film's going to be, I think it was hugely successful.

Agreed on the "from the director of 300" thing, though. That didn't really light up my life, but eh.

Eh. It's the first trailer; what I'm assuming was that its intent was to both go "hey hey look at all this cool shit" for people who've never read the comic whilst also going "hey hey look at how we're visually representing shit from the comic" for people who have read it. For a trailer which had a clear, simple intent of just showing how visually impressive the film's going to be, I think it was hugely successful.

Agreed on the "from the director of 300" thing, though. That didn't really light up my life, but eh.

Yeah, maybe it's because I was hoping for something as thrilling as TDK in terms of trailerage, but like you say, it did its job and I'm not going to judge properly until I've seen the film anyway.

I'm really fighting back the urge to watch this right now, since they're supposed to be running it before The Dark Knight.

Yeah, I'm probably not seeing TDK this weekend so I didn't feel bad about jumping the gun. It should be fantastic to watch on a big screen.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Watchmen trailer was magnificent on the big screen. I already was hyped, but that did the trick in making me very giddy for next March. Speaking of which, I am shocked it's a March movie and not an early summer release.

Watchmen trailer was magnificent on the big screen. I already was hyped, but that did the trick in making me very giddy for next March. Speaking of which, I am shocked it's a March movie and not an early summer release.

I would assume because it's an untested comic project - 300 got released in March and Sin City was in April.

Still, it was a fantastic trailer, and using "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning" was just an awesome touch.

I would assume because it's an untested comic project - 300 got released in March and Sin City was in April.

Still, it was a fantastic trailer, and using "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning" was just an awesome touch.

Plus if Snyder is to be believed, they didn't change anything about the ending and that ending is sure not going to be regarded as a "summer movie ending".

I was disappointed cause they didn't show this trailer before my showing of TDK. (Terminator Salvation teaser looked fantastic on the big screen though) So, I just got finished seeing it on here and the movie looks great. Gives me another movie to get hyped for. :D

WMD-14608_cc-1.jpg

Fuck if that ain't cool. I'm going to The Dark Knight today, so hopefully The Watchmen trailer will play beforehand. If not, I know what I'm doing when I come back. :)

I am incredibly hyped about this, because fuck if The Watchmen isn't one of the best comics of all time. In fact, dare I say, it's one of the best novels of all time. Yeah, I went there.

Oh man I love Rorschach! This movie could be complete and utter dogshit, but if they have even 50% of the completely nuts, over-the-top shit Rorschach does on a regular basis, this movie will be outstanding.

"What do you see?"

"Dog. Dog with head split in half."

"And, uh, what do you think split the dog's head. In half?"

"I did."