Need Some New Music. Hip-Hop.

K

I'm on amazon. I want to buy something.

I'm looking for Hip-Hop, new school. Intelligent. Been into Saul Williams recently.

Looking at maybe something on Quanaam. Blackalicious perhaps, unless someone gets in in the next few minutes to suggest something else.

Canibus had five or six tracks from one of his forthcoming albums up on his MySpace a while back, they were awesome. I think his MySpace now is just full of Poet Laureate Infinity blends (including one of mine :pervert:). They're probably up on Canibus-Central, I'll find links if you're at all interested.

I just throwing something out there since I just recently heard about him but his name is Shwayze, he has been getting some play on MTV recently and has yet to release his first album but if you look around you should be able to "aquire" some of his songs. I like the songs of have heard from him and here is one of his songs I found:

In the end I picked up four albums, came to £20 incl shipping (LOVE Amazon Marketplace)

I got

The Prodigy - Their Law

The Prodigy - Fat of the Land

(Well aware that these two didn't fit the brief, but I wanted some hip-hop to balance this purchase out)

Black Star - Black Star

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow (Well looking forward to this one, been meaning to pick it up since I saw Gift of Gab and DJ Shadow perform together last year. Also this album has guest appearances from Chali 2Na, ?uestlove, Cut Chemist, Dilated Peoples, Lyrics Born, Zack De La Rocha and the motherfucking heavyweights of spoken word, Saul Williams and Gil Scott-Heron? I'm having an audiogasm just thinking about it.)

Everyone keep suggesting stuff though. This is what I'm into at the moment, so I'd love all recommendations.

I fully intend to pick up the new Nas disc, and I've been putting off getting Lupe until the price comes down a little.

I've never really listened to Common, I'll YouTube later, and will definately check out some of the other names in this thread. Cheers guys.

In the end I picked up four albums, came to £20 incl shipping (LOVE Amazon Marketplace)

I got

The Prodigy - Their Law

The Prodigy - Fat of the Land

(Well aware that these two didn't fit the brief, but I wanted some hip-hop to balance this purchase out)

Black Star - Black Star

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow (Well looking forward to this one, been meaning to pick it up since I saw Gift of Gab and DJ Shadow perform together last year. Also this album has guest appearances from Chali 2Na, ?uestlove, Cut Chemist, Dilated Peoples, Lyrics Born, Zack De La Rocha and the motherfucking heavyweights of spoken word, Saul Williams and Gil Scott-Heron? I'm having an audiogasm just thinking about it.)

Everyone keep suggesting stuff though. This is what I'm into at the moment, so I'd love all recommendations.

I fully intend to pick up the new Nas disc, and I've been putting off getting Lupe until the price comes down a little.

I've never really listened to Common, I'll YouTube later, and will definately check out some of the other names in this thread. Cheers guys.

Black Star is the Mos Def and Talib Kweli album right? If so, thats an album worth picking up just for the awesomeness that is 'Definition'.

I'd also recommend checking out some Pharoahe Monch. I haven't fully heard his new album but from what I have heard he's pretty great.

The Pharcyde are awesome, dated now but still worth a listen. LabCabInCalifornia is a good album.

And I have a remix of a Sage Francis song with Saul Williams rapping on it, its fucking awesome.

Edited by MDK

Oh yeah, if you want some older shit that's great intelligent hip-hop, pick up Digable Planets. Both of their records are like measuring sticks for jazz rap, in my opinion.