Leaked X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer *Spoilers*

LL!

Just watched the film today (REAL NOT WORKPRINT)

Despite having only a 'vague' idea of the entire X-Men history, it was pretty good. Maybe it was because I went in with low expectations and ended up being surprised how interesting the Wolverine characters story is.

Hilariously I didn't even recognise Deadpool until I saw those pics of the figure, I don't see what's so bad about it... ultimately he's still in the 'testing' process and we all know how superhero movies can defy the laws of reality when it comes to transformatons <_<

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the movie was great to be honest, I couldn't give two shits about what they did to Deadpool. >_>

Sabretooth was defintley a great part of the film, his interaction with Wolverine was fun wether they were chatting or fighting. The only part of the re-imagining of Logan's history that I didn't like was the reason that he lost his memory (A shot to the head from an Adamantine Bullet? What is he, the Wolfman?) Loved the story behind why he's named "Wolverine". Gambit was fine, defintley not an amazing performance but it was nothing to cry over, he served his part. He just didn't really have the charm I'd expect of Gambit. I'll admit, coulda done with more Wade Wilson but it's by no means heartbreaking.

Good film, not as great as perhaps the first or second X-Men films, but still a fun one.

I thought the movie was great to be honest, I couldn't give two shits about what they did to Deadpool. >_>

Sabretooth was defintley a great part of the film, his interaction with Wolverine was fun wether they were chatting or fighting. The only part of the re-imagining of Logan's history that I didn't like was the reason that he lost his memory (A shot to the head from an Adamantine Bullet? What is he, the Wolfman?) Loved the story behind why he's named "Wolverine". Gambit was fine, defintley not an amazing performance but it was nothing to cry over, he served his part. He just didn't really have the charm I'd expect of Gambit. I'll admit, coulda done with more Wade Wilson but it's by no means heartbreaking.

Good film, not as great as perhaps the first or second X-Men films, but still a fun one.

Yeah Sabretooth was great, I loved Liev. I don't know if you saw the workprint before the real one, if yes, did they add new scenes?

Loved the movie, my girlfriend was a bit bothered by me since I kept whispering "oh look that's *insert cameo appearance*"

But yeah the psychology between Victor and Jimmy was great, Liev Schreiber was great as Sabretooth as mentioned before in this thread. I recon that if you have some interest in the X-Men you should go see this movie!

Yeah Sabretooth was great, I loved Liev. I don't know if you saw the workprint before the real one, if yes, did they add new scenes?

Nah man, I felt it'd be ruined if I watched a crappy version first. I honestly don't see the problem anyone had with this film, I mean, it's not perfect and there were some parts I felt could have been stretched out a little more or could have gone a little more in depth with, but other than that it was a really good movie in my opinion. Anyone that didn't think it was at least somewhat good is looking for something to complain about. The scene featuring Gambit was beyond cool, I don't care if the bloke who played him wasn't that great, it was just an awesome mark out moment.

"Are you Remy LeBau?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. Who's askin'?"

"I know what you are, Gambit."

*Gambit slowly removes hat and looks up, then grins.*

The main thing I think should have been expanded is that it felt a bit too quickly that we got introduced to Striker. I'd have liked for Wolverine and Sabretooth to have had maybe one more scene before that where they get chucked into the jail or something.

So I've been hearing there's a bit of a twist at the end involving Deadpool.

Supposedly Weapon XI's head is cut off at the end of the movie and the real Deadpool comes along and picks it up.

Anyone know if that's true? Or if you didn't click, if there's supposed to be a bit of a twist?

Supposedly Weapon XI's head is cut off at the end of the movie and the real Deadpool comes along and picks it up.

Anyone know if that's true? Or if you didn't click, if there's supposed to be a bit of a twist?

I've read about that version, and yet another version.

One where the camera zooms in on Weapon XI's head, you see its body grabbing it, it opens its eyes, looks into the camera and says "shhh"

I've read about that version, and yet another version.

One where the camera zooms in on Weapon XI's head, you see its body grabbing it, it opens its eyes, looks into the camera and says "shhh"

Makes sense, 'cause he can regenerate.

OK I've been to see it properly now and am much more happy with it than with the leaked version.

Jackman is OK, he is never going to be brilliant, he is Jackman, but he is perfectly believable in most of the film because he doesnt have much to do othr than get angry or made snide remarks.

Liev Schreiber is very good as Sabretooth and I look forward to seeing him reprise the role at somepoint.

The plot itself is quite simple compared to the comic book versions (obviously) and can be dissapointing if you are used to that version of things. Certain plot elements were glossed over very quickly (Silver Fox's motivation was barely a one liner), some charachters seemed to be there just to get the 'name' mutants on screen (the brief Cyclops scenes were pointless, as largely was the part played by Gambit, they should have been made more important to the plot).

Deadpool and Weapon XI are probably the biggest dissapointments. Deadpool is a great charachter and his 5 minute cameo is great but that's all it is. We all know that Weapon XI is not dead, after all we never saw the body so there is bound to be a rematch at some point but even so the battle just was not big enough.

Everything about the film just felt rushed.

Effects and action wer of course top notch, you'd expect nothing else from an X-Men film.

Overall it was pretty good, the down side is the hollowed out story and shabby treatment of some charachters but that will only annoy the X-Men faithful. The rest, the action, effects, sound etc. were all good and the movie had the right end-point, in many ways explaining why none of this story was even hinted at in the X-Men 1-3 series. It sets u several future scenarios very well for Wolverine with future battles against/with Sabretooth, Gambit and Weapon XI as well as sets up the X-Men First: Class starting point, it even gives a motivation for Emma Frost to go bad if needs be (blaming Wolverine for Silver Fox's death). But therein lies the problem, the movie sets up far more scenarios than it actually finishes, leaving this feeling like part 1 in a series of its own. There will not be a part 2 for some time.

I really enjoyed it. After the bitter disappointment of X3, it was good to go into a new X-Men movie and have it be enjoyable. Sure, I was a little bummed at the lack of cool Deadpool stuff (but the alternate endings do give me some hope) and I struggle to grasp how the gap between Schrieber Saber Tooth pre-amnesia and Tyler Mane Saber Tooth post amnesia are even related - but it was good. Loved the various cameos, enjoyed the action, and dug seeing another installment from my favorite comic book universe.

Did anyone else think Patrick Stewart just looked creepy and weird in his cameo?

I knew there'd be something after the credits... but my group of mates decided to walk out so I decided not to wait.

I understand that this might be the new Marvel standard (after Iron Man)... but seriously, do they expect us to watch 3+ minutes of words to see 20 seconds of footage?

I knew there'd be something after the credits... but my group of mates decided to walk out so I decided not to wait.

I understand that this might be the new Marvel standard (after Iron Man)... but seriously, do they expect us to watch 3+ minutes of words to see 20 seconds of footage?

From what I read, there are 3 different endings playing in various theaters. One is Deadpool's, another is Wolverine's, and yet another is Stryker's. It's just the luck of the draw if you get one or the others.

What I don't understand is, how is that supposed to make the fans any happier? The Deadpool ending, I mean. I don't want to use spoiler tags, so I'm not going into detail... it's just... kind of, so what?

I'm glad to hear people enjoying the film though. I plan on seeing it at the theatre, if they decide to bring it in at some point and get rid of Monsters Vs Aliens.

What I don't understand is, how is that supposed to make the fans any happier? The Deadpool ending, I mean. I don't want to use spoiler tags, so I'm not going into detail... it's just... kind of, so what?

I'm glad to hear people enjoying the film though. I plan on seeing it at the theatre, if they decide to bring it in at some point and get rid of Monsters Vs Aliens.

I'm guessing it's because

He lives. And he kind of breaks the fourth wall, with the whole "shhhh" thing. That's it. He lives and there's the possibility of his body eventually rejecting the Weapon XI's treatment (except for the healing factor) and them making a Deadpool movie. I saw an interview with Ryan Reynolds where you could tell he wasn't very happy with Deadpool in the movie, but it was almost like he had to play him now so he could play him in a Deadpool movie. So... here's hoping they actually make a Deadpool movie where he's portrayed somewhat accurately.

Oh, Linkety link for the RR interview.

The really frustrating thing is that you can see in this interview that Ryan Reynolds really likes and actually understands the character. I bet he's also seriously frustrated in the way Deadpool's portrayed in this movie.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

I like how some of you are complaining about the Deadpool ending. I sat through 3 minitues of words to see Wolverine walk into a bar in Japan and get asked if he was "drinking to forget?". That was a lame ending. Also the Striker ending was before credits for me, which is also a bit shit. It's just him walking along until being found and told that he's wanted under suspison of murder.

Still, rest of the movie was awesome so I'm not going to complain about the extra little clip they throw in for the audience. I GUESS IM JUST WHACKY LIKE THAT. :w00t:

Thinking about it, I've sat through credits for worst end film clips. I'm looking at you, Dead Man's Chest.

Edited by TKz

One is Deadpool's, another is Wolverine's, and yet another is Stryker's. It's just the luck of the draw if you get one or the others.

Actually, every theater should have the Stryker ending. The three alternate endings are the aforementioned Wolverine one, the linked Deadpool one, and a third where Wade finds the body and asks "What the hell is that thing?"

One is Deadpool's, another is Wolverine's, and yet another is Stryker's. It's just the luck of the draw if you get one or the others.

Actually, every theater should have the Stryker ending. The three alternate endings are the aforementioned Wolverine one, the linked Deadpool one, and a third where Wade finds the body and asks "What the hell is that thing?"

Apparently that one's a hoax, at least from what I've read.