UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He fell to the floor, sat up and fell back down and didn't get up for another 2 minutes. It wasn't that bad of a tackle. I'm not saying he dived or anything, but I don't think the ref would have sent him off if he'd not have fallen to the floor the second time.

Meh another 0-0 draw but at least some players like Gibson and Evans got game time and I think we still finish top of the group? Dominated possession but lacked the cutting edge in front of goal. City away next hopefully the players bring their shooting boots.

EDIT:

His knees were fucked up pretty badly, he got tackled hard..tried to get up and couldn't because of the pain?

Edited by The Future

Alliev was fucking immense. We need more people like him.

Not unsportsmanlike mouthy pricks, but entertainingly unsportsmanlike mouthy pricks. The "zomg I've been sho.... wait! We have the ball, I'm fine, don't panic!" thing was fantastic. Easily the best bit of theatrics for ages. And only Alliev (and perhaps Vieira) would push the referee off the ball in an attempt to take the free kick quickly, in 'retalliation' for his opponents 'taking' a drop-ball 'quickly'.

Also, Clive Tyldsley should commentate on all matches ever, but for the love of God get rid of David Pleat.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Even if you are in pain, at what point in life does being in pain mean you have to roll over several times on the floor? The tackle wasn't great, but was more mis-timed than malicious, and Ronaldo's reaction probably contributed to him getting sent off.

People always talk about diving being more a continental problem than an English one, which isn't really true considering the number of English players who are likely to throw themselves on the floor with ease. But what hasn't really crossed over into our game is the 'rolling around after a challenge to show how hurt I am', thankfully, as it gets on my tits.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Villarreal may be about the most boring team I've ever watched.

Wouldn't say it was a red at first, but fuck his leg looked bad afterwards. Maybe no need for ten rolls, but it must of hurt. I suppose people react different, no problem in rolling around for a bit, he was trying to have a bit of fun while he was in pain :shifty:

Oh and Juventus > Final

Bwaha. Chelsea are falling apart.

Since when did CHELSEA, in the Roman Era, concede a goal from a corner?

And Lampard gets sent off because the referee forgot he'd already booked him, booked him again, realised, then had to send him off although he probably wouldn't have if he'd realised it would be his second.

Also, Planus is awesome. 40 yards out he decides, "fuck it, I'll shoot". The entire ground are all "nooooooo!", but he does anyway and it goes into orbit.