UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I don't know what to say about us any more. Fantastic in moments, overshadowed by some horrendous football. Scholes and Carrick seemed to be asleep for three quarters of the game, terrible performance from them. Evans was appalling in the first half too. And fuck people claimed Rafael isn't a great defender, but PLEASE get him fucking back because these right backs are shocking right now. One minute we look like we're getting our confidence back, then we go and do a stupid fucking piece of defending and blow it all.

Really the second leg could be the hardest game we'll play all season. It's going to be huge and there's no way we'll win it unless we're at our ultimate best. For once I'm praying Berbatov is fit. Nice goal from Tevez, but he really didn't do a great deal outside of that, I'd of even have liked to of seen Macheda get thrown in there. The game was there for the taking. Porto played damn great tonight if you ask me and while we were appalling at times, they deserve big credit for that performance. We've got to go there and do the same really.

Feel sorry for Rooney and Evra, they seemed to have worked their asses off tonight. I just don't know what's going to happen next with us any more, we've become unpredictable. All I can hope is for a super performance, it could make or break our entire season.

Porto deserved the draw today.

Scholes and Carrick were really poor, we should have closed the game out after Tevez's goal but conceded a sloppy goal again, PhysioRoom.com says Ferdinand and Brown are going to be back for Sunderland which is going to be really important..we need our best back 4 back together again the likes of O'Shea and Evans are really short term fixes(well Evans until he fully develops)and they have seen way too much action recently because we haven't had our best defenders available.

O'Shea is alright until he starts getting confident which is normally 5 seconds before he passes the ball to the other team.

A draw was a fair result but I just wish it could have stayed 1-1 rather than ended up 2-2. Having to win in Portugal is going to be a really tough ask especially with the way we've been playing this season. I think this game really highlighted how much we need a Roy Keane type player in the middle to strengthen things up and push the team on at times.

And people really need to stop talking about Macheda as though he's the new Pele or something. It's quite clear he won't play again this season unless we're really down on numbers and need to either get a result late on or need to rest a player ahead of a big game when we're already winning. I swear people didn't get this excited when Welbeck hit a 30-yard screamer on his league debut.

That might be because, when Welbeck scored on his debut, Man U were doing well, playing well and looking a good bet to retain the title. Macheda's winning goal put Man U back in the lead of the title race after two awful defeats.

Man U needed to win this to keep that momentum going I think, and I'm glad they've messed it up. Now hopefully they can keep this horrendous football going into the Prem again.

They look really leggy at the moment, I think being involved in so many competitions is finally taking its toll on them, when they upped the tempo it just look like it was taking it out of them all. They needed to play that game and go for a 1-0 not leave it as open as they did, was just asking for trouble. Big ask in Porto now and I can't help but feel Porto will win 1-0 or draw 1-1 knocking United out.

O'Shea is alright until he starts getting confident which is normally 5 seconds before he passes the ball to the other team.

A draw was a fair result but I just wish it could have stayed 1-1 rather than ended up 2-2. Having to win in Portugal is going to be a really tough ask especially with the way we've been playing this season. I think this game really highlighted how much we need a Roy Keane type player in the middle to strengthen things up and push the team on at times.

And people really need to stop talking about Macheda as though he's the new Pele or something. It's quite clear he won't play again this season unless we're really down on numbers and need to either get a result late on or need to rest a player ahead of a big game when we're already winning. I swear people didn't get this excited when Welbeck hit a 30-yard screamer on his league debut.

He's not the new Pele, but he arguably saved our entire Premiership season (Well we'll see whether that's true or not over time). And if he's got confidence growing after that performance, giving him fifteen or twenty minutes here could do no harm. I've seen tonnes of players score a wonder goal and then suddenly start becoming a really important player to the team. If Evans didn't get injured (Like he does in every game), then I think Macheda would of got thrown on for fifteen minutes. Shame too because the game was so open and was there for either team to snatch. Fr all you know, Macheda could of done a Rooney and scored a hat trick on his CL debut :shifty: